Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Flybe-9

Old 14th Aug 2019, 16:44
  #2281 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 126
easyJet - GLA to BHX - About time !!!!!!!!!!!

Could we see an EDI to BHX route in the future too if GLA to BHX proves popular?...
ib26uk is offline  
Old 14th Aug 2019, 17:33
  #2282 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 2,636
Originally Posted by ib26uk View Post
easyJet - GLA to BHX - About time !!!!!!!!!!!

Could we see an EDI to BHX route in the future too if GLA to BHX proves popular?...
If GLA BHX works favourably for easyJet with an airbus on this route, EDI would be an obvious addition.

It will challenging competing with high frequency props with very low fuel burn... though I'm confident easyJet will make this work...
EI-BUD is offline  
Old 15th Aug 2019, 07:15
  #2283 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: 24,000 feet and climbing
Posts: 75
What kind of frequencies can EZ offer with the need to fill 156 seats as opposed to the BE 78 seat requirement? We all know that Ryanair, for example, "serve" hundreds of destinations, many of them once a week.
M-JCS is offline  
Old 15th Aug 2019, 10:16
  #2284 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: London
Posts: 514
Originally Posted by M-JCS View Post
What kind of frequencies can EZ offer with the need to fill 156 seats as opposed to the BE 78 seat requirement? We all know that Ryanair, for example, "serve" hundreds of destinations, many of them once a week.
13 flights per week so probably 2 a day and 1 on Sat.

To answer another question: why would EZY start GLA BHX? I fancy they looked at Flybe's 7 flights daily and thought we want a piece of that. 🤣 And also did some actual research too!

Last edited by SealinkBF; 15th Aug 2019 at 10:27.
SealinkBF is offline  
Old 15th Aug 2019, 10:19
  #2285 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: London
Posts: 514
Originally Posted by GSM763 View Post
My mum has a BHD-GLA booking that's been subbed to Loganair and got an email letting her know.
Would be lovely to get Loganair back on GLA and EDI to BHD. Like the good old days!
SealinkBF is offline  
Old 15th Aug 2019, 10:40
  #2286 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Essex
Posts: 989
Originally Posted by SealinkBF View Post
Would be lovely to get Loganair back on GLA and EDI to BHD. Like the good old days!
Would be even better to hear from the knights in shining armour just how they intend to position the Virgin brand in challenging times.

Iím beginning to think they saw an opportunity too good to pass on when they moved on Flybe. Now Iím wondering if they are struggling to come up with a bold yet cohesive plan than they can announce with an almighty fanfare.
DC3 Dave is online now  
Old 17th Aug 2019, 08:31
  #2287 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: GIBRALTAR
Posts: 538
Another substantial delay this morning on Flybe (Blue Island) to Guernsey. Almost quicker by boat. Frustrating. As a side, don't think much of SOU either!
nivsy is offline  
Old 17th Aug 2019, 08:46
  #2288 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 2,636
Originally Posted by SealinkBF View Post
Would be lovely to get Loganair back on GLA and EDI to BHD. Like the good old days!
I certainly wouldn't rule this out. While Loganair is careful in where it picks its battles, it has had some pride in returning to markets it once patronised, like LDY and CFN, granted they don't have competitors on those routes per se.

Loganair is a strong brand in Scotland, and we have yet to see where Flybe takes its business. The rhetoric has been connectivity with Virgin and friends. Where would a route like BHD GLA sit? Though that should be a good run given the distance , being well established. And let's not forget Loganair did sit it out on the competition with Flybe Eastern.. we shall see.

I can see the 'new Flybe' /Connect Airways being a feeder to Virgin, supporting AF and KL at bigger UK airports AND like Stobart have done getting deeply into ACMI. Stobart have been successful with this through Aer Lingus in particular, and the work with KLM and BA, and the purchase of Embraers is a big statement of intent.
EI-BUD is offline  
Old 17th Aug 2019, 16:48
  #2289 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LV
Posts: 1,851
Cant see LM on Belfast. With FlyBe and EZY operating to each Belfast airport its pretty swamped, and fares not that high. If BE pulled off, then perhaps. I guess for Virgin Connect (if indeed that is what is called) there might be some connections eg on DL (summer JFK) , VS (longer season MCO) from Belfast to GLA.
CabinCrewe is offline  
Old 17th Aug 2019, 19:46
  #2290 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Belfast
Posts: 451
I believe LM are sniffing around the Scottish/NI market. Maybe people are getting a bit jaded with BE
Alteagod is offline  
Old 18th Aug 2019, 10:04
  #2291 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Belfast
Age: 37
Posts: 239
Originally Posted by CabinCrewe View Post
Cant see LM on Belfast. With FlyBe and EZY operating to each Belfast airport its pretty swamped, and fares not that high. If BE pulled off, then perhaps. I guess for Virgin Connect (if indeed that is what is called) there might be some connections eg on DL (summer JFK) , VS (longer season MCO) from Belfast to GLA.
They are getting a decent insight into what it would take to operate GLA BHD profitably at the moment, on Flybeís £ís. If they think the figures work, why not? Flybe have wet leased the majority of GLA BHD ops for a considerable period of time, perhaps they are reconsidering their presence on the route?
EGAC is Better is offline  
Old 18th Aug 2019, 14:56
  #2292 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Scotland
Posts: 99
Originally Posted by EGAC is Better View Post


They are getting a decent insight into what it would take to operate GLA BHD profitably at the moment, on Flybeís £ís. If they think the figures work, why not? Flybe have wet leased the majority of GLA BHD ops for a considerable period of time, perhaps they are reconsidering their presence on the route?
Its probably going to be the exact same thing what happened when they decided to start ABZ-NWI in their own right after being wet leased by Eastern to run the same route.
mullac30 is offline  
Old 18th Aug 2019, 17:15
  #2293 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dorset
Posts: 290
I'd be amazed if this happens and I think it's highly unlikely. The economics of a 145 on a short, low-yield sector must be poor to begin with, never mind in a fare war. It simply won't be worth going into battle and driving down fares as the route would never be sufficiently profitable afterwards to recover the losses made.
Albert Hall is online now  
Old 31st Aug 2019, 16:18
  #2294 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Channel Islands
Posts: 130
I see that GCI - LHR is now on sale until the end of March. Not sure if this is still being subsidized or not. The flight times are different and it currently doesn't fit in with the dash coming in from EXT or BHX so obviously still some shuffling to be done.
GCILover is offline  
Old 1st Sep 2019, 15:36
  #2295 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: In the real world.
Posts: 552
Originally Posted by GCILover View Post
I see that GCI - LHR is now on sale until the end of March. Not sure if this is still being subsidized or not. The flight times are different and it currently doesn't fit in with the dash coming in from EXT or BHX so obviously still some shuffling to be done.
I've just tried to book GCI-LHR for January but the website shows flights only avail until October 2019, I also tried the Virgin site & again nothing available.
Jerbourg is offline  
Old 1st Sep 2019, 16:45
  #2296 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 162
Try expedia. It seemed to have them earlier today.
Hermite is offline  
Old 1st Sep 2019, 18:21
  #2297 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 1,400
Originally Posted by Jerbourg View Post
I've just tried to book GCI-LHR for January but the website shows flights only avail until October 2019, I also tried the Virgin site & again nothing available.
I managed to book a flight from LHR to GCI in January but I had to follow the steps below.

Select the date 25th October. When it displays the flight press the +7 days tab



Keep pressing the + 7days tab until you get to the date required. It will let you tab through until end of March. Below is a screenshot for January to show the flights are loaded



Then book as normal. The only problem is the booking can only be one way.
BAladdy is offline  
Old 2nd Sep 2019, 06:36
  #2298 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: In the real world.
Posts: 552
Thank you, there's obviously a glitch on their website.
Jerbourg is offline  
Old 9th Sep 2019, 17:38
  #2299 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: In front of a computer
Posts: 1,985
Sorry to hear the base closure news tonight. Airline life can screw you up sometimes...
ETOPS is offline  
Old 9th Sep 2019, 17:53
  #2300 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In the doghouse (usually)
Posts: 232
Are those the previously announced base closures, or is this a new round of cuts?
The Nutts Mutts is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.