Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Ryanair-10

Old 15th Feb 2019, 18:15
  #1261 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: 35,000ft
Posts: 653
Wasn’t Treviso one of the first European routes launched from STN back in the day?
pamann is offline  
Old 15th Feb 2019, 18:20
  #1262 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: STANSTED & MANCHESTER
Posts: 1,655
Originally Posted by pamann View Post
Wasn’t Treviso one of the first European routes launched from STN back in the day?
Yes your correct, I put my hands up, I checked in the first flight back in my early years of aviation. Ryanair put on a staff flight before the first passenger flight, school children were waving flags when we landed, it was very strange spending a day in Venice and bumping into airports staff round ever corner.
daz211 is online now  
Old 16th Feb 2019, 20:16
  #1263 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 445
Continued competition in the sector, upward pressures on oil and fuel costs on the barrel is putting some European airlines into extinction.

I had to go back and review a lot of MOL commentary over Q4 and into early this year to validate a few of his forward looking statements on the sector and performance guidance.

Interestingly, Norwegian and SAS comments by MOL, which has further prompted me to re-examine both sets of financial statements and accounts.
mik3bravo is offline  
Old 16th Feb 2019, 22:03
  #1264 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Darkest Surrey
Posts: 5,353
Originally Posted by mik3bravo View Post

I had to go back and review a lot of MOL commentary over Q4 and into early this year to validate a few of his forward looking statements on the sector and performance guidance.

Interestingly, Norwegian and SAS comments by MOL, which has further prompted me to re-examine both sets of financial statements and accounts.
Norwegian is in the tank in losses / for cash and chased shareholders for couple of hundred million, their shareholding structure makes an aggressive takeover pretty much impossible.
racedo is online now  
Old 20th Feb 2019, 13:05
  #1265 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Geneva
Age: 32
Posts: 273
NEW BASE : TOULOUSE
2 A/C
11 NEW ROUTES
OPENS OCT 2019

ALICANTE 2pw
BREST 3pw
BUDAPEST 2pw
LILLE daily
LUXEMBOURG 3pw
MARSEILLE daily
OUJDA 2pw
PALERMO 2pw
PORTO 3pw.
TANGER 2 pw
VALENCIA 2 pw
CCFAIRPORT is offline  
Old 20th Feb 2019, 13:10
  #1266 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Geneva
Age: 32
Posts: 273
New routes and 1 more a/c at marseille
in total 3 based a/c

agadir 2pw
bologna 3pw
copenhagen 2pw
manchester 2pw
milan-bgy 4pw
naples 2pw
ouarzazate 2pw
prague 2pw
sofia 2pw
strasbourg 3pw
tel aviv 3pw
toulouse daily

Last edited by CCFAIRPORT; 20th Feb 2019 at 17:19.
CCFAIRPORT is offline  
Old 20th Feb 2019, 17:18
  #1267 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Geneva
Age: 32
Posts: 273
New routes and 1 more a/c at Bordeaux
in total 3 based a/c

bologna 2pw
brest 3pw
budapest 2pw
lille daily
nador 2pw
naples 2pw
oujda 1pw
palermo 2pw
prague 2pw
strasbourg 3pw
CCFAIRPORT is offline  
Old 20th Feb 2019, 17:59
  #1268 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,084
2 new routes from Palma to Budapest and Prague
https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/r...aga/?market=es
Seljuk22 is offline  
Old 20th Feb 2019, 21:05
  #1269 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Stockport
Age: 51
Posts: 225
Originally Posted by Seljuk22 View Post
2 new routes from Palma to Budapest and Prague
https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/r...aga/?market=es
New FR route from Manchester-Poitiers, 2 weekly from 5th June 19.
DomyDom is offline  
Old 25th Feb 2019, 13:11
  #1270 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Europe
Posts: 53
Rumors from Pilot Expo in Berlin: Turin TRN next FR base.
EI-DAC is offline  
Old 27th Feb 2019, 17:46
  #1271 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Geneva
Age: 32
Posts: 273
Frankfurt/hhn to palermo

3pw

begins oct 2019

Last edited by CCFAIRPORT; 28th Feb 2019 at 07:47.
CCFAIRPORT is offline  
Old 27th Feb 2019, 18:37
  #1272 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: london
Posts: 63
Warsaw Modlin

2 less planes and 12 routes cancelled...

eff. 31MAR FKB LPA NCL
eff. 31AUG BFS BOJ FMM RMI SVQ TSF
eff. 30SEP FAO PSR
eff. 23OCT MRS
Lon12 is offline  
Old 27th Feb 2019, 20:11
  #1273 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Greece
Posts: 26
Originally Posted by Lon12 View Post
Warsaw Modlin

2 less planes and 12 routes cancelled...

eff. 31MAR FKB LPA NCL
eff. 31AUG BFS BOJ FMM RMI SVQ TSF
eff. 30SEP FAO PSR
eff. 23OCT MRS
That's a lot of routes..Why is FR suddenly trimming down the WMI base? Where will the 2 planes go?
mariofly12 is offline  
Old 28th Feb 2019, 07:41
  #1274 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Geneva
Age: 32
Posts: 273
5 new Routes at BOLOGNA

Bordeaux 2pw
Crotone 3pw
Fuerteventura 1pw
Santander 2pw
Tel-Aviv 2pw

Begins OCT 19
CCFAIRPORT is offline  
Old 28th Feb 2019, 07:48
  #1275 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Geneva
Age: 32
Posts: 273
Palermo to Krakow

2pw

begins OCT 19
CCFAIRPORT is offline  
Old 1st Mar 2019, 12:30
  #1276 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Geneva
Age: 32
Posts: 273
Lisbon to Memmingen
2pw
Begins 27/10/2019
CCFAIRPORT is offline  
Old 1st Mar 2019, 21:08
  #1277 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ireland
Posts: 219
Originally Posted by mariofly12 View Post
That's a lot of routes..Why is FR suddenly trimming down the WMI base? Where will the 2 planes go?
The situation in Warsaw is complicated. Basically there are three main shareholders, Polish State Airports - PPL (who also own Chopin Airport), the local authorities and the Military as well as one minor shareholder.

Polish State airports has been blocking expansion of the airport since the constitution of the airport means that all shareholders must agree unanimously to a resolution for it to be passed. PPL has been blocking any resolution at expanding the airport or the facilities, against the wishes of the board.

PPL has said it is willing to finance the expansion in the airport, if the other shareholders sell up to them. It is also willing to invest in the airport if they are given 51% of the airport and the unanimous condition is removed. Basically they want to use the unanimous rule to frustrate others when they don't have a majority shareholding, but they want to remove that rule if they do have the majority so nobody can frustrate them - a pretty thinly veiled tactic for all to see.

They then want to stop the airport being a low cost airport and instead turn it into a full service airport that is based on the same pricing that they are charging at the main airport in Warsaw and run it as a duopoly. Many believe this is in order to remove the advantages that Ryanair to have to protect LOT who are being undercut by Ryanair quite substantially. They are now playing the game that if the local authorities do not sell up, the airport might go bankrupt and taxpayers money will be wasted. To date, the local authorities won't sell up as they do not trust PPL at all.

With this in mind, PPL has turned to a Plan B. It has decided to invest in expanding the airport in Radom, recently liquidated, that no airlines fly to as it's unattractive to them and will spend hundreds of millions in upgrading it. After which point it is going to force all charters out of Chopin Airport into Radom and wants to do the same with low cost carriers. It's strategy seems to be that sooner or later Modlin will go bust whilst they frustrate it's expansion plans and block board resolutions. Ryanair will have to move to Radom which will be totally controlled by PPL and this is far less of a threat to LOT than an airport in the Warsaw area would be.

Many view this whole situation as one big protection of LOT and if Modlin going to the wall and spending lots of money upgrading an airport that nobody wants to fly to and forcing low cost carriers and charters there as they're pushed out of Chopin and Modlin is closed needs to happen in order to do that, that is what will have to be done.

PPL don't have full control over Modlin and they don't like it, essentially many believe that the whole situation is designed to either get control or try and ensure it no longer exists - as you can imagine the issue is subject of complaints to the European Union and also illustrates why I believe it is against the interests of consumers of one organisation to have interest in two competiting airports in the same city.

Last edited by DublinPole; 1st Mar 2019 at 21:29.
DublinPole is offline  
Old 1st Mar 2019, 21:49
  #1278 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Darkest Surrey
Posts: 5,353
Originally Posted by DublinPole View Post

PPL don't have full control over Modlin and they don't like it, essentially many believe that the whole situation is designed to either get control or try and ensure it no longer exists - as you can imagine the issue is subject of complaints to the European Union and also illustrates why I believe it is against the interests of consumers of one organisation to have interest in two competiting airports in the same city.
I think EU will come down quite hard on Polish Govt on this. It will be political and not just related to the airport and a requirement to divest its shareholding.

Lots passenger numbers may reach 10 million in 2019 and reality is that for most Poles it is irrelevant as most have never flown on it and likely never will.
racedo is online now  
Old 1st Mar 2019, 22:05
  #1279 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ireland
Posts: 219
Recently there has been an argument that if Polish State Airports does not want to invest in the airport and wants to continue to frustrate any expansion, they should hand over the shares to the parties that do want to, to let them get on with it so all the state money invested in building it is not wasted if it goes to the wall.

PPL's reaction was that they would not be doing so as they are a commercial company so they do not understand why some would consider it money of the state and the only people who would be wasting the states money is the local authorities who will not accept their VERY generous offer of recapitalising the airport in exchange for a majority stake and abolishing the unanimity rule.

The fact they will only allow a majority vote to be binding when they have a majority but disallow it when someone else does, tells you all that you need to know about what kind of situation it is.
DublinPole is offline  
Old 1st Mar 2019, 22:14
  #1280 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Darkest Surrey
Posts: 5,353
Originally Posted by DublinPole View Post
Recently there has been an argument that if Polish State Airports does not want to invest in the airport and wants to continue to frustrate any expansion, they should hand over the shares to the parties that do want to, to let them get on with it so all the state money invested in building it is not wasted if it goes to the wall.

PPL's reaction was that they would not be doing so as they are a commercial company so they do not understand why some would consider it money of the state and the only people who would be wasting the states money is the local authorities who will not accept their VERY generous offer of recapitalising the airport in exchange for a majority stake and abolishing the unanimity rule.

The fact they will only allow a majority vote to be binding when they have a majority but disallow it when someone else does, tells you all that you need to know about what kind of situation it is.
If they allow it to get bust it will get interesting as they will seek to allow PPL to acquire it cheaply but that will most definitely fall foul of EU competition law.
racedo is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.