Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Birmingham-7

Old 8th Nov 2019, 07:03
  #1141 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: W. Midlands
Posts: 356
TUI summer 2021

Another Orlando increase with Sunday added, making 3pw, designed to connect with cruise ship 'Discovery', which will be summer-based at Port Canaveral in 2021

Also:
2 x Montego Bay pw
2 x Punta Cana pw
jon01 is offline  
Old 8th Nov 2019, 10:13
  #1142 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Leeds/Birmingham
Age: 34
Posts: 77
Originally Posted by jon01 View Post
Another Orlando increase with Sunday added, making 3pw, designed to connect with cruise ship 'Discovery', which will be summer-based at Port Canaveral in 2021

Also:
2 x Montego Bay pw
2 x Punta Cana pw
and Cancun...

3x Orlando Sanford
2x Montego Bay
2x Punta Cana
2x Cancun
nwoody2001 is offline  
Old 11th Nov 2019, 20:16
  #1143 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: W. Midlands
Posts: 356
Sharm El Sheikh with TUI resumes on Wednesdays from 19th Feb 2020, increasing to Sunday and Wednesday from 3rd May 2020
jon01 is offline  
Old 12th Nov 2019, 23:32
  #1144 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Solihull
Age: 56
Posts: 3,160
TUI & Flybe

Originally Posted by jon01 View Post
Sharm El Sheikh with TUI resumes on Wednesdays from 19th Feb 2020, increasing to Sunday and Wednesday from 3rd May 2020
Replaces Paphos which ends on the 1st January and now restarts Saturday 14th March. The Wednesday flight in the first release operated all winter but it ends up 3 a week by the end of March which is an increase..

Flybe

Getting loaded into GDS and it will be interesting to see how this translates to their website.

The headline at the moment but this is provisional is that Dusseldorf is not bookable and Eurowings coincidentally is 4 daily next summer and all A319ís

Berlin, MIlan, Lyon and Stuttgart all back at a similar schedule.

Other French routes no sign.

Amsterdam is down to 4 daily - I can't believe only one slot taken by another airline ad CDG showing 3 daily.

EDI showing increased to 8 daily - well at least on a Monday two of which are 175's, Glasgow remains 7 with the first out and last in 175's - what a surprise.

Knock on certain days showing as a jet and Newquay is back starting May

No apparent change to Aberdeen , Inverness, Belfast City, Isle of Man and Jersey other than timings.

I only checked random dates so some routes might just start later in the season.

Pete

Last edited by OltonPete; 13th Nov 2019 at 12:38. Reason: Spelling
OltonPete is offline  
Old 12th Nov 2019, 23:54
  #1145 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 126
Any news on the easyJet Edinburgh to Birmingham route?

I`m keen to fly on this route as I go to Belfast, Glasgow and Edinburgh several times each a year - Looking for a change from flybe...
ib26uk is offline  
Old 13th Nov 2019, 07:18
  #1146 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Birmingham
Age: 59
Posts: 799
BHX - EDI

Should go on sale in December
not sure why the delay ?
BHX5DME is offline  
Old 13th Nov 2019, 21:01
  #1147 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Warwickshire
Posts: 884
BE 2020

Well, as expected quite the cull. The following routes dropped that operated in 2019 from BHX

Avignon, Bastia, Bergerac, Biarritz, Bordeaux, Brest, Dusseldorf, Hamburg, Hanover, La Rochelle.

Of these, Bergerac will remain on the departure boards as will be operated by Jet2.

So that leaves only Amsterdam, Paris, Berlin, Stuttgart, Milan, Lyon and Nantes as Eurooean routes. Better than nothing but so much for the rumours that BHX was a profitable base for BE and the blurb about maintaining regional connectivity in the Virgin Connect press releases.
GayFriendly is offline  
Old 13th Nov 2019, 22:02
  #1148 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Solihull
Age: 56
Posts: 3,160
Flybe

Originally Posted by GayFriendly View Post
Well, as expected quite the cull. The following routes dropped that operated in 2019 from BHX

Avignon, Bastia, Bergerac, Biarritz, Bordeaux, Brest, Dusseldorf, Hamburg, Hanover, La Rochelle.

Of these, Bergerac will remain on the departure boards as will be operated by Jet2.

So that leaves only Amsterdam, Paris, Berlin, Stuttgart, Milan, Lyon and Nantes as Eurooean routes. Better than nothing but so much for the rumours that BHX was a profitable base for BE and the blurb about maintaining regional connectivity in the Virgin Connect press releases.
The lost destinations at the moment are Biarritz, Bastia, Dusseldorf, Hamburg and Hanover.

The rest are just much reduced if certain booking engines are correct

I think all from July
NTE - Mon & Fri -
BOD - Tue/Thu/Sat
EGC - SatAVN - Sat
BES- Sat
LRH- Sat

Pete
OltonPete is offline  
Old 13th Nov 2019, 23:17
  #1149 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Benelux
Posts: 331
Quite surprised to see DUS dropped by BE. I noted last time I booked EWG (DUS-BHX-DUS) that they were down to 2 daily (weekdays). Was/is that a temporary thing? With BE dropping DUS, will EWG increase their frequency?
BRUpax is offline  
Old 14th Nov 2019, 17:55
  #1150 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Eas Anglia
Age: 61
Posts: 556
10 gone apparently.

Hope for BHXs sake somone picks them up.
Navpi is offline  
Old 14th Nov 2019, 19:07
  #1151 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 1,999
Originally Posted by Navpi View Post
10 gone apparently.

Hope for BHXs sake somone picks them up.
10 what? Gone where?

If that refers to FlyBe then Pete's analysis suggests on 4 routes gone, which give the dire forecasts of doom and gloom doesn't appear to me to be too bad a result.
ATNotts is online now  
Old 14th Nov 2019, 22:37
  #1152 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Solihull
Age: 56
Posts: 3,160
Flybe

Originally Posted by ATNotts View Post
10 what? Gone where?

If that refers to FlyBe then Pete's analysis suggests on 4 routes gone, which give the dire forecasts of doom and gloom doesn't appear to me to be too bad a result.
Sorry AT I only concentrated on the main routes where there would be a significant loss but I wasn't far out on the number of routes but reduced capacity is more the issue - my apologies.

The routes are

Dusseldorf - 1 - 3 daily
Hamburg 4- 6 a week
Hannover 4-7 a week
Biarritz 1-3 a week
Bastia - weekly

I think that is it just the 5 and I can only see Hamburg getting replaced as a schedule and Eurowings taking up the DUS slack.

I think the problem was a lot of the routes operate for two months only so the capacity cut is quite significant with the likes of Avignon, Brest, La Rochelle and Bergerac just weekly, Newquay starting later but overall it is not too bad. To be honest I have not really delved too deeply other than Amsterdam and CDG for obvious reasons. The base fares on these two look a little high so just maybe we haven't had the last amendments on these routes.

Pete
OltonPete is offline  
Old 15th Nov 2019, 08:45
  #1153 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 214
Don't write them all off yet, there's still phase two of the summer schedule to be released; I would expect Dusseldorf to be a part of that although I have no inside knowledge... But from the schedule data, there looks to still be a DUS based aircraft (operates to MAN midday) but no flights in the morning or evening for that aircraft when it would usually fly to BHX and extra rotation to MAN. Unless there will be a new destination for DUS (probably unlikely given all the cuts there) then it would make sense that BHX will still be served.
BOHEuropean is offline  
Old 16th Nov 2019, 19:06
  #1154 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: W. Midlands
Posts: 356
Flybe have now confirmed the four routes dropped for summer 2020:

Bastia
Biarritz
Hamburg
Hannover
jon01 is offline  
Old 16th Nov 2019, 21:01
  #1155 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Solihull
Age: 56
Posts: 3,160
Dusseldorf

Originally Posted by jon01 View Post
Flybe have now confirmed the four routes dropped for summer 2020:

Bastia
Biarritz
Hamburg
Hannover
Therefore double good news on Dusseldorf if it is continuing and increased by Eurowings.

Also potentially triple good news on DUS if there is a new decent schedule rather than the current one where you have to leave the city or surrounding area around 3.30-4pm to get the last Flybe flight back - really business friendly.

Pete
OltonPete is offline  
Old 20th Nov 2019, 21:05
  #1156 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Solihull
Age: 56
Posts: 3,160
DUS & Turkmenistan

Originally Posted by OltonPete View Post
Therefore double good news on Dusseldorf if it is continuing and increased by Eurowings.

Also potentially triple good news on DUS if there is a new decent schedule rather than the current one where you have to leave the city or surrounding area around 3.30-4pm to get the last Flybe flight back - really business friendly.

Pete
The Flybe DUS is definitely needed as the Eurowings schedule is a bit variable in April to say the least, four on a Monday and none on a Saturday at times.

Turkmenistan

In GDS from Friday 6 December 737 twice a week (Sunday the other day).

Connections and fares still to be loaded but looking as if they will be back well in time for Christmas.

Jet2

April seat-maps showing at least 3 A321's departing in the morning - found 4 on a Sunday.

Pete

Last edited by OltonPete; 20th Nov 2019 at 23:32. Reason: added info
OltonPete is offline  
Old 28th Nov 2019, 18:19
  #1157 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Stafford
Posts: 435
The Gambia

TUI adding a x1 weekly flight to Banjul from Nov 20.
chinapattern is offline  
Old 28th Nov 2019, 22:53
  #1158 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Solihull
Age: 56
Posts: 3,160
TUI & Jet2

Originally Posted by chinapattern View Post
TUI adding a x1 weekly flight to Banjul from Nov 20.
Currently replaces one of the two Boa Vista services and one of the two Sharm replaces a Wednesday Tenerife.

For a third time in four years Split is off sale again - must be some kind of record. It has never operated. However summer 2020 still looking good with 10 based and 11 on a Tuesday when the second 787 operates for one day only.

Jet2

Seat Maps for summer 2020 now showing 4 based A321's as expected.

Pete
OltonPete is offline  
Old 2nd Dec 2019, 23:54
  #1159 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Warwickshire
Posts: 73
Turkmenistan Airlines to resume flights to the UK, Birmingham

Turkmenistan Airlines (T5) has announced that starting, Friday the 13th of December 2019, flights from Ashgabat (ASB) to Birmingham (BHX) v.v. will be resumed.

Winter Timetable 2019/2020 from Birmingham,

BIRMINGHAM - ASHGABAT FRIDAYS BHX-ASB 12.50 - 00.10 B737 T5 425

ASHGABAT - BIRMINGHAM FRIDAYS ASB-BHX 09.10 - 11.00 B737 T5 426

The Turkmenistan Airlines fleet consists of only modern Boeing (717,737,757 and 777) aircrafts. All international flights are operated in a two-class configuration: Business and Economy Class. The weekly return flight to / from Birmingham will be operated by a modern Boeing 737-800. Turkmenistan Airlines is the only airline offering non-stop flights between the United Kingdom and Turkmenistan.
Matt995 is offline  
Old 3rd Dec 2019, 00:06
  #1160 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Solihull
Age: 56
Posts: 3,160
Jet2

Originally Posted by OltonPete View Post
Currently replaces one of the two Boa Vista services and one of the two Sharm replaces a Wednesday Tenerife.

For a third time in four years Split is off sale again - must be some kind of record. It has never operated. However summer 2020 still looking good with 10 based and 11 on a Tuesday when the second 787 operates for one day only.

Jet2

Seat Maps for summer 2020 now showing 4 based A321's as expected.

Pete

Latest additions - as per the Jet2 thread new once weekly Santorini plus a 4th Corfu and 6th Heraklion.

Second TK A332 in December was showing in booking engines yesterday - Saturday 21st TK1967/8

Pete
OltonPete is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.