Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Birmingham-7

Old 26th Sep 2019, 20:52
  #1081 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Solihull
Age: 56
Posts: 3,144
Austria & Jet2

Austrian Airlines

Vienna bookable from Sunday 29 March Daily 195 taking over from Eurowings 12.30 - 13.15

Originally posted on F4A by Brum X but confirmed on the airlines own website

Jet2

More short-term increases on former Thomas Cook services

From 7 October
  • Tuesday extra Heraklion LS4223 up to 5 a week
  • Saturday Corfu LS4227 up to 3 a week
  • Sunday Larnaca LS4235 up to 4 a week
  • Saturday Las Palmas LS4233 now up to 5 a week
  • Wednesday Kos LS4237 now up to 3 a week
  • Friday Rhodes LS4229 now up to 5 a week
Pete
OltonPete is offline  
Old 26th Sep 2019, 21:33
  #1082 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 258
Pete
Any move/rumours yet on FR's routes and schedules from BHX for next summer?
They were going to cut back but maybe they are having a rethink?
SS
ssflyer is offline  
Old 26th Sep 2019, 22:50
  #1083 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Solihull
Age: 56
Posts: 3,144
Ryanair

Originally Posted by ssflyer View Post
Pete
Any move/rumours yet on FR's routes and schedules from BHX for next summer?
They were going to cut back but maybe they are having a rethink?
SS
Hi ssflyer - never ever get Ryanair rumours at BHX and all we have to go on is the Guardian article yesterday which was about the UK but only mentioned Manchester and Stansted as their biggest bases and it did not read well for next summer. Whether it is Ryanair posturing or mis-reporting who knows and we will have to wait and see but absolutely no reaction to the Thomas Cook loss but there again the same could be said of TUI although of course both should have been operating the MAX.

They don't seem to have the stomach for the fight at BHX at the moment and it appears they are getting smashed by Jet2 at least frequency wise. As an example in February 2020, Arrecife Ryanair a pathetic 2 a week down from 3 and Jet2 from 5 to up to 9 a week.



Pete
OltonPete is offline  
Old 27th Sep 2019, 05:44
  #1084 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: W. Midlands
Posts: 349
Originally Posted by OltonPete View Post
Austrian Airlines

Vienna bookable from Sunday 29 March Daily 195 taking over from Eurowings 12.30 - 13.15

Pete
Austrian start on 01 Jan 2020 3 p/w (Wed,Fri,Sun), when Eurowings Europe drop to 1 p/w (Mon)

Austrian daily from 29 Mar 2020
jon01 is offline  
Old 27th Sep 2019, 23:13
  #1085 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Solihull
Age: 56
Posts: 3,144
Austrian/PIA/T5

Originally Posted by jon01 View Post
Austrian start on 01 Jan 2020 3 p/w (Wed,Fri,Sun), when Eurowings Europe drop to 1 p/w (Mon)

Austrian daily from 29 Mar 2020
A very odd schedule but I presume due to the wind-down of Eurowings Europe at Vienna. Eurowings 6 a week in December alongside the twice weekly Jet2 and three a week Lauda

PIA

The Sunday service has started to appear in booking engines, Islamabad from 27th October.

Turkmenistan

A possible restart around the same time if the rumours are true.

Jet2

12 based from Monday week although they don't need all 12 everyday.

By 21st October 14 needed on a Saturday for 28 flights including one away based. Very difficult to keep track of as flights are getting added on a daily basis

Pete
OltonPete is offline  
Old 28th Sep 2019, 10:49
  #1086 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 331
FlyBE

Unless there is a glitch in the system... - BE appear to be cancelling BHX servives now left right and centrein BHX too for winter. I have only checked my main routes:
BHX to HAM, HAJ, MXP, TXL all appear to stop over the coming weeks?!
insuindi is offline  
Old 28th Sep 2019, 10:58
  #1087 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Wales
Posts: 1,066
Originally Posted by insuindi View Post
Unless there is a glitch in the system... - BE appear to be cancelling BHX servives now left right and centrein BHX too for winter. I have only checked my main routes:
BHX to HAM, HAJ, MXP, TXL all appear to stop over the coming weeks?!
Aren't those routes operated by the E175s? Maybe they are withdrawing them?
PDXCWL45 is offline  
Old 28th Sep 2019, 13:11
  #1088 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Solihull
Age: 56
Posts: 3,144
Flybe

Originally Posted by insuindi View Post
Unless there is a glitch in the system... - BE appear to be cancelling BHX servives now left right and centrein BHX too for winter. I have only checked my main routes:
BHX to HAM, HAJ, MXP, TXL all appear to stop over the coming weeks?!
Add Lyon by the look of it.

I don't mind them cutting routes as that is there prerogative but the late nature making it difficult for alternative arrangements to be made by pax (I bet Flybe have offered to fly pax via AMS & CDG) and also to get the routes replaced.

Don't get me wrong this is not a surprise as there were rumours but why leave it 4 weeks before.

PDXCWL45

Hamburg is a Dash flight and Hanover occasionally but the others are jets and it didn't take much working out Milan had no future especially after the Manchester service curtailment was announced. Berlin Lyon, Hanover and Hamburg were also fairly obvious not so would be Stuttgart and Dusseldorf but I expect the same in the future along with the seasonal French routes leaving reduced domestics and perhaps Knock.

easyjet is the obvious replacement for Berlin, Milan, Lyon and could be operated from the European base, Hanover could be lost and maybe Hamburg by FR although they seem comatose at BHX.

Pete
OltonPete is offline  
Old 28th Sep 2019, 19:46
  #1089 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 77
Originally Posted by OltonPete View Post
Add Lyon by the look of it.

I don't mind them cutting routes as that is there prerogative but the late nature making it difficult for alternative arrangements to be made by pax (I bet Flybe have offered to fly pax via AMS & CDG) and also to get the routes replaced.

Don't get me wrong this is not a surprise as there were rumours but why leave it 4 weeks before.

PDXCWL45

Hamburg is a Dash flight and Hanover occasionally but the others are jets and it didn't take much working out Milan had no future especially after the Manchester service curtailment was announced. Berlin Lyon, Hanover and Hamburg were also fairly obvious not so would be Stuttgart and Dusseldorf but I expect the same in the future along with the seasonal French routes leaving reduced domestics and perhaps Knock.

easyjet is the obvious replacement for Berlin, Milan, Lyon and could be operated from the European base, Hanover could be lost and maybe Hamburg by FR although they seem comatose at BHX.

Pete
My wife and daughter are due to fly to TXL on 27th December (me and my son are taking the train) and we've had no notification of cancellation or rearrangement yet
ZULUBOY is offline  
Old 28th Sep 2019, 20:47
  #1090 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Solihull
Age: 56
Posts: 3,144
Berlin

Originally Posted by ZULUBOY View Post
My wife and daughter are due to fly to TXL on 27th December (me and my son are taking the train) and we've had no notification of cancellation or rearrangement yet
Sorry to hear that Zuluboy and I am sure there would be quite a few affected by Berlin and Milan (Still in the TUI timetable for next summer).

It can be a typically shabby method used by some airlines to remove flights from the system on a Friday but not announcing it publicly before eventually getting around to telling the passengers, whilst all the time your money in their bank account. I am not say that this was deliberate by Flybe but it has been known to have happened before with other airlines.

The usual pathetic excuses airlines offer, is that you can't expect IT systems to be synced or updated so quickly or the flights are not actually cancelled just under review. The former would take competence and organisation and although it is not always easy to do depending on the quality of your IT systems but of course it benefits the provider a little to keep your money as long as they can.

However as yet in Flybe's case it could have been an unforeseen major IT malfunction rather than beneficial timing to give the social media team and customer services a quiet weekend..

I suppose we will have to give them the benefit of doubt if the flights were only taken off sale Friday, I suppose it isn't too unreasonable if they email you Monday but still lame in my opinion.

EDIT some flights reappear Feb half term which is odd as these are not summer flights but business flights and Berlin of course December is really popular so something is up with the IT
Pete

Last edited by OltonPete; 28th Sep 2019 at 21:26.
OltonPete is offline  
Old 29th Sep 2019, 07:43
  #1091 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 77
Originally Posted by OltonPete View Post
Sorry to hear that Zuluboy and I am sure there would be quite a few affected by Berlin and Milan (Still in the TUI timetable for next summer).

It can be a typically shabby method used by some airlines to remove flights from the system on a Friday but not announcing it publicly before eventually getting around to telling the passengers, whilst all the time your money in their bank account. I am not say that this was deliberate by Flybe but it has been known to have happened before with other airlines.

The usual pathetic excuses airlines offer, is that you can't expect IT systems to be synced or updated so quickly or the flights are not actually cancelled just under review. The former would take competence and organisation and although it is not always easy to do depending on the quality of your IT systems but of course it benefits the provider a little to keep your money as long as they can.

However as yet in Flybe's case it could have been an unforeseen major IT malfunction rather than beneficial timing to give the social media team and customer services a quiet weekend..

I suppose we will have to give them the benefit of doubt if the flights were only taken off sale Friday, I suppose it isn't too unreasonable if they email you Monday but still lame in my opinion.

EDIT some flights reappear Feb half term which is odd as these are not summer flights but business flights and Berlin of course December is really popular so something is up with the IT
Pete
ZULUBOY is offline  
Old 29th Sep 2019, 08:38
  #1092 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 77
Confirmed with Flybe that the three bookings we have to and/or from TXL are all cancelled. No alternative routings offered
ZULUBOY is offline  
Old 29th Sep 2019, 11:18
  #1093 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Warwickshire
Posts: 877
Originally Posted by ZULUBOY View Post
Confirmed with Flybe that the three bookings we have to and/or from TXL are all cancelled. No alternative routings offered
Appalling behaviour from Flybe in terms of customer service and care. I have had my flights BHX-TXL cancelled at the end of November, again no offer of any help or alternative routings.

It is of course no major surprise: Connect/VS have made it clear that their focus is LHR and MAN, I should imagine the BE network from BHX will be substantially smaller next summer, thanks goodness EZY are jumping in on EDI and GLA. There is no VS operation to feed into at BHX! However it is the way that Flybe have sneakily culled these routes that have got me angry, and their lack of interest in offering any assistance to help with wrecked travel plans. Shabby as f**k.

Of course the other worry is that I doubt BHX have a Plan B, again heads will have been stuck in sand, just like years ago before BA withdrew. Flybe have been on the wire for a long time and the worry is that this could be the first in a series of culls - I would put good money on none of the French regional routes being back in 2020, at least TXL, LYS and MXP are (for now) back on sale from Feb. I guess seasonal is better than nothing.....

So, for me, Flybe's and BHX's loss will be FR and EMA's gain.....
GayFriendly is offline  
Old 29th Sep 2019, 11:32
  #1094 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Warwickshire
Posts: 63
now reported on social media (thanks to @seanm1997 & @luxurytravelled):-

strange restart dates? Lack of crews? Lack of aircraft maybe?


Matt995 is offline  
Old 29th Sep 2019, 12:38
  #1095 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: davenport IA
Age: 65
Posts: 383
For Berlin flights,look at Easyjet from BRS around Christmas time.
yeo valley is offline  
Old 29th Sep 2019, 12:55
  #1096 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Wales
Posts: 1,066
Originally Posted by yeo valley View Post
For Berlin flights,look at Easyjet from BRS around Christmas time.
But be prepared to pay! They won't be cheap!
PDXCWL45 is offline  
Old 29th Sep 2019, 13:20
  #1097 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 77
Originally Posted by PDXCWL45 View Post
But be prepared to pay! They won't be cheap!
We're going to conjure our inner Greta and all of the family will do it by train now. Deutsche Bahn don't charge for kids so the price works out similar to what we'd have paid with Flybe.
ZULUBOY is offline  
Old 29th Sep 2019, 13:38
  #1098 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Wales
Posts: 1,066
Originally Posted by ZULUBOY View Post
We're going to conjure our inner Greta and all of the family will do it by train now. Deutsche Bahn don't charge for kids so the price works out similar to what we'd have paid with Flybe.
Different! Enjoy!
PDXCWL45 is offline  
Old 29th Sep 2019, 13:52
  #1099 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 77
Originally Posted by PDXCWL45 View Post
Different! Enjoy!
Cheers. We've done it before and it's a really nice trip
ZULUBOY is offline  
Old 29th Sep 2019, 14:23
  #1100 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 1,830
Originally Posted by ZULUBOY View Post
We're going to conjure our inner Greta and all of the family will do it by train now. Deutsche Bahn don't charge for kids so the price works out similar to what we'd have paid with Flybe.
And you'll get a more comfortable seat, with more leg room. In addition you'll see a deal more the the country that you ever would from an aircraft seat.
ATNotts is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.