Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Manchester-2

Old 9th Nov 2020, 20:33
  #4481 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: bishops stortford herts
Posts: 0
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There has been an understanding around the talks that the US would not refuse EIN permission to fly into the country from the UK.

Since then the confirmation of President Elect Biden together with his Irish heritage will hardly be a drawback in proceedings.

Then onto today & a possible NAX collapse may somersault LGW in pole position as UK originator perhaps.
southside bobby is offline  
Old 9th Nov 2020, 20:41
  #4482 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: U.K
Posts: 779
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by southside bobby
Then onto today & a possible NAX collapse may somersault LGW in pole position as UK originator perhaps.
If IAG's motivation is a tilt at VS using EI as a vehicle as some have suggested, then I would guess MAN is still the prefered option.
The96er is offline  
Old 9th Nov 2020, 20:44
  #4483 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 8,356
Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts
There has been an understanding around the talks that the US would not refuse EIN permission to fly into the country from the UK.
UK and other EU carriers might have a view on that.
SWBKCB is offline  
Old 9th Nov 2020, 20:48
  #4484 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: bishops stortford herts
Posts: 0
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good point...but circumstances an` all that perhaps.
southside bobby is offline  
Old 9th Nov 2020, 20:52
  #4485 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: bishops stortford herts
Posts: 0
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For sure they will but just reflecting that the "talks" have been at high level.
southside bobby is offline  
Old 10th Nov 2020, 17:31
  #4486 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 8,356
Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts
Just taken an AN-124 diversion.
SWBKCB is offline  
Old 11th Nov 2020, 08:59
  #4487 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Eas Anglia
Age: 64
Posts: 793
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know where that pesky no Diversions Notam has gone ?

Hopefully the new CEO has seen it, screwed it up and said stuff that. Manchester is "open again" for all traffic..












Navpi is offline  
Old 11th Nov 2020, 11:36
  #4488 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Birmingham
Age: 62
Posts: 1,028
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MAG Stats October 2020

October Pax

MAN 400,077 down 84.0%

STN 398,989 down 84.0%

EMA 65,826 down 84.4%

12m Rolling Pax at 31.10.20

STN - 11,068,457 down 60.8%

MAN 10,414,721 down 64.6%

EMA 1,285,384 down 72.8%

October Cargo

EMA 38,979 up 11.8%

STN 25,234 up 22.5%

MAN 4,145 down 58.1%
BHX5DME is offline  
Old 13th Nov 2020, 08:43
  #4489 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 356
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EI

AerLingus have applied for a 4 aircraft base at MAN starting Summer 2021

Likely routes are ORD, JFK, BOS and MCO - further details are TBC...

Source; SPD Travels via Twitter
fanrailuk is offline  
Old 13th Nov 2020, 09:08
  #4490 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: North of the M4
Posts: 345
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
With 1600 (and rising) UK pilots out of work, why would the DfT / CAA authorize these routes for IAG when it could be flown by BA using BA crews? More jobs going to foreign businesses and foreign workers when Brits are being laid off. Common travel area means that despite taking away freedom of movement, Aer Lingus could bring in their own crews and base them in the UK and yet they discriminate against Brits by insisting that they have to have the right to live and work in the EU. So in theory, if the IAG led battle against VS continues and Aer Lingus expand further in the UK, it would be more jobs for foreign nationals, brits need not apply.
This Brexit thing really wasn't very well thought out and is turning into a massive own goal.
biddedout is offline  
Old 13th Nov 2020, 09:11
  #4491 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Wolverhampton
Posts: 398
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by biddedout
This Brexit thing really wasn't very well thought out and is turning into a massive own goal.
you don't say!
This is one U turn he can't make.
Flying Hi is offline  
Old 13th Nov 2020, 10:09
  #4492 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: bishops stortford herts
Posts: 0
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whilst not without credence the post regarding EIN with a four aircraft base together with destinations appears anticipatory with the word "reputedly" dropped from an article lifted from a well known airline news & analysis website yesterday.
southside bobby is offline  
Old 13th Nov 2020, 10:40
  #4493 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Cheshire
Posts: 28
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SWBKCB
Just taken an AN-124 diversion.
The AN124 departed back to Hahn yesterday (12th) - it had originally diverted in from there
JerseyAero is offline  
Old 13th Nov 2020, 12:21
  #4494 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: U.K
Posts: 779
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by southside bobby
Whilst not without credence the post regarding EIN with a four aircraft base together with destinations appears anticipatory with the word "reputedly" dropped from an article lifted from a well known airline news & analysis website yesterday.
The slots/times/flight numbers/aircraft type are all showing the relevant airport systems. So I would say it's more than just 'anticipatory' or reputedly'. Of course, there's still the minor issue of a global pandemic to overcome first.
The96er is offline  
Old 13th Nov 2020, 14:33
  #4495 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 8,356
Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by The96er
The slots/times/flight numbers/aircraft type are all showing the relevant airport systems. So I would say it's more than just 'anticipatory' or reputedly'. Of course, there's still the minor issue of a global pandemic to overcome first.
What about pesky things like licences and govt approvals - is there a post-Brexit air services agreement with the US yet?
SWBKCB is offline  
Old 13th Nov 2020, 14:56
  #4496 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 659
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by biddedout
With 1600 (and rising) UK pilots out of work, why would the DfT / CAA authorize these routes for IAG when it could be flown by BA using BA crews? More jobs going to foreign businesses and foreign workers when Brits are being laid off. Common travel area means that despite taking away freedom of movement, Aer Lingus could bring in their own crews and base them in the UK and yet they discriminate against Brits by insisting that they have to have the right to live and work in the EU. So in theory, if the IAG led battle against VS continues and Aer Lingus expand further in the UK, it would be more jobs for foreign nationals, brits need not apply.
This Brexit thing really wasn't very well thought out and is turning into a massive own goal.
Are you suggesting BA should/operate with their own fleet? If so, I'd argue that they don't have suitable aircraft for MAN to at least 2 of these suggested destinations. Narrowbodies are required.
AircraftOperations is offline  
Old 13th Nov 2020, 16:45
  #4497 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: UK
Age: 53
Posts: 1,405
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would be interesting to see in BA /IAG revenue systems what searches would be put through to those flights? (vs eg via LHR with BA or AA or via DUB)
VickersVicount is offline  
Old 13th Nov 2020, 20:27
  #4498 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Under the flight path
Posts: 2,622
Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Expansion from Iberia Express:

https://ukaviation.news/iberia-expre...er-operations/
LGS6753 is offline  
Old 13th Nov 2020, 21:27
  #4499 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: uk
Posts: 410
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VickersVicount
Would be interesting to see in BA /IAG revenue systems what searches would be put through to those flights? (vs eg via LHR with BA or AA or via DUB)
I think the intention is for the flights to be direct not via DUB.
However the revenue system observation is still a fair one!
commit aviation is offline  
Old 13th Nov 2020, 21:30
  #4500 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 8,356
Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts
But any direct flights from MAN will be competing with the via DUB option (as well as via LHR)
SWBKCB is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.