Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Newcastle-9

Old 10th Sep 2020, 18:09
  #2661 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In the doghouse (usually)
Posts: 297
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by HH6702
Maybe Jet2 but think aircraft maybe too big.
hopefully if things improve before next summer we see loganair base another aircraft or could we see Eastern or Stobart with there ATR on the Jersey
Out of curiosity, how many aircraft do Loganair currently have based at NCL?
The Nutts Mutts is offline  
Old 10th Sep 2020, 18:33
  #2662 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Londonderry
Posts: 506
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The Nutts Mutts
Out of curiosity, how many aircraft do Loganair currently have based at NCL?
1 at present, normally 2 to serve both SOU/ABZ in the mornings.
Fly757X is offline  
Old 10th Sep 2020, 19:37
  #2663 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In the doghouse (usually)
Posts: 297
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks for that!
The Nutts Mutts is offline  
Old 14th Sep 2020, 08:01
  #2664 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 8,802
Received 176 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by Fly757X
1 at present, normally 2 to serve both SOU/ABZ in the mornings.
2 this morning, operating ABZ/SOU early departures
SWBKCB is offline  
Old 15th Sep 2020, 14:21
  #2665 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 35
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
According to the Ryanair website looks like we have Lauda coming in operating the PMI on Saturday and Sunday
Matt4 is offline  
Old 15th Sep 2020, 14:23
  #2666 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 1,983
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Matt4
According to the Ryanair website looks like we have Lauda coming in operating the PMI on Saturday and Sunday

When does this start ?
HH6702 is offline  
Old 15th Sep 2020, 14:25
  #2667 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 35
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HH6702
When does this start ?
They were supposed to be operating all summer on behalf of Ryanair but cancelled due to the pandemic. I think it’s just now and again at the moment
Matt4 is offline  
Old 22nd Sep 2020, 06:58
  #2668 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Scotland
Posts: 2,125
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
KLM reduce to 14 x weekly for winter
GrahamK is offline  
Old 23rd Sep 2020, 18:04
  #2669 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Scotland
Posts: 2,125
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No Eurowings until February after the 1st week of October
GrahamK is offline  
Old 24th Sep 2020, 02:02
  #2670 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 1,438
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EK have removed from sale all flights to both NCL and EDI for the Winter schedule. First available flight to book is now not until 28th March 2021
BAladdy is offline  
Old 24th Sep 2020, 06:35
  #2671 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Scotland
Posts: 2,125
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not much income for the airport this winter then, with. Can they weather the storm?
GrahamK is offline  
Old 24th Sep 2020, 07:18
  #2672 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 8,802
Received 176 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by GrahamK
Not much income for the airport this winter then, with. Can they weather the storm?
What makes you say that? Winter's are never exactly busy.
SWBKCB is offline  
Old 24th Sep 2020, 09:16
  #2673 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: bishops stortford herts
Posts: 0
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"What makes you say that?"...

Perhaps a £67.665m loan granted in 2012/3 (in comparative better times?) the repayments on which are currently suspended attempting to deal with the current crisis maybe an indicator.
southside bobby is offline  
Old 24th Sep 2020, 09:39
  #2674 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 8,802
Received 176 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by southside bobby
"What makes you say that?"...

Perhaps a £67.665m loan granted in 2012/3 (in comparative better times?) the repayments on which are currently suspended attempting to deal with the current crisis maybe an indicator.
Like most other businesses?
SWBKCB is offline  
Old 24th Sep 2020, 10:33
  #2675 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: bishops stortford herts
Posts: 0
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well perhaps...but more the question of that loan in the first instance which itself was to help re-finance a £300m debt.
southside bobby is offline  
Old 24th Sep 2020, 10:56
  #2676 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 8,802
Received 176 Likes on 122 Posts
Again, this is different to other business in what way? Lots of businesses having issues at the moment - doubt whether NCL is in any worse position than any other.
SWBKCB is offline  
Old 24th Sep 2020, 12:25
  #2677 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: up north
Posts: 311
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SWBKCB
Again, this is different to other business in what way? Lots of businesses having issues at the moment - doubt whether NCL is in any worse position than any other.
Not every business has entered the pandemic where it was already losing cash to pay off loans taken out to pay off loans. Eventually that path only leads in one direction.
Hipennine is offline  
Old 24th Sep 2020, 12:41
  #2678 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 8,802
Received 176 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by Hipennine
Not every business has entered the pandemic where it was already losing cash to pay off loans taken out to pay off loans. Eventually that path only leads in one direction.
Thought NCL had made a profit the last 2 years that have been reported?
SWBKCB is offline  
Old 24th Sep 2020, 18:16
  #2679 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: UK
Age: 53
Posts: 1,463
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by GrahamK
Not much income for the airport this winter then, with. Can they weather the storm?
Would be surprised if EK return at all now. Perhaps a ‘relaunch’ at a later date.
VickersVicount is offline  
Old 24th Sep 2020, 19:24
  #2680 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 8,802
Received 176 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by VickersVicount
Would be surprised if EK return at all now. Perhaps a ‘relaunch’ at a later date.
Think I've got more chance with preficting this weekends Lottery numbers rather than next years Summer season...
SWBKCB is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.