Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

EAST MIDLANDS - 6

Old 14th Feb 2020, 09:37
  #3521 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 7
Flight schedule at the moment on our system is Tui 737x3,Fr 737x8 ,with Albastar visiting Tuesday pm and Wednesday pm ,Freebird showing Tuesday am and Friday am,Air europa showing Friday am ,Balkan showing Thursday am short season this year july-sep and Sunday am
We don't handle Jet2 last year it was 737x8 not shaw if its all 800's this year
Paul Atkins144 is offline  
Old 14th Feb 2020, 09:55
  #3522 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: East Midlands
Posts: 477
Loganair not launching Aberdeen-East Midlands later this month as was planned, due to lower than expected demand. Route deferred indefinitely.
EastMids is offline  
Old 14th Feb 2020, 11:13
  #3523 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: UK
Posts: 812
Originally Posted by Arkroyal View Post
I was chatting to a couple of mates in a pub and was shot down by them when I recalled EMA having Cat III approaches at both ends before the runway lengthening in 2000.

Am I imagining it? Iím sure I remember a Cat III approach to 09 in a F100 in 1999.
Im with you on this one, Iím 99% sure EMA was CATIII on 09 until they extended the runway.
FlyboyUK is offline  
Old 14th Feb 2020, 12:16
  #3524 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,126
Originally Posted by Arkroyal View Post
Rats! Iíve just lost a bet!
I was quite certain Iíd done a cat 3 to 09 before the runway extension 20 years ago!

Better go and sit in a darkened room. 😂
That's the problem with Fish Heads they think anything can be solved by turning the boat round!! Sorry, but 09 was only Cat 1 and I've just checked it in a 2005 Aerad that I happen to have.

YS
Your friendly Crab
Yellow Sun is offline  
Old 14th Feb 2020, 13:19
  #3525 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 18
Originally Posted by Paul Atkins144 View Post
Flight schedule at the moment on our system is Tui 737x3,Fr 737x8 ,with Albastar visiting Tuesday pm and Wednesday pm ,Freebird showing Tuesday am and Friday am,Air europa showing Friday am ,Balkan showing Thursday am short season this year july-sep and Sunday am
We don't handle Jet2 last year it was 737x8 not shaw if its all 800's this year


Thanks for that Paul. Do you know what routes the Albastars are operating? Thank you
craigyton2 is offline  
Old 6th Mar 2020, 07:37
  #3526 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 18
After loosing BHD and AMS services due to Flybe's unfortunate demise. Do we think anyone will take these routes on? Especially the Belfast route as this was once 5x daily , and recently atleast 3 daily. Maybe easyJet from BFS? KLM for the AMS . Any thoughts ?
craigyton2 is offline  
Old 6th Mar 2020, 08:49
  #3527 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: UK
Age: 65
Posts: 59
I would be surprised if KLM took the AMS route as they already fly to AMS from BHX.
golfbananajam is offline  
Old 6th Mar 2020, 08:56
  #3528 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 18
Originally Posted by golfbananajam View Post
I would be surprised if KLM took the AMS route as they already fly to AMS from BHX.
Yes that's very true. But they do fly to a few UK airports that are around the same distance away.
craigyton2 is offline  
Old 6th Mar 2020, 09:03
  #3529 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: East Midlands
Posts: 477
Originally Posted by craigyton2 View Post
After loosing BHD and AMS services due to Flybe's unfortunate demise. Do we think anyone will take these routes on? Especially the Belfast route as this was once 5x daily , and recently atleast 3 daily. Maybe easyJet from BFS? KLM for the AMS . Any thoughts ?
It would be nice to think easyJet might try twice daily Belfast, but it would likely be BFS not BHD, and the carrier might opt to try to develop BHX further rather than move into another UK airport. I suspect KLM will focus on BHX and not rush into EMA. With BRU already stopped, AMS was EMA's last real connection to a major hub leaving it now with only low-cost routes, charters and the few Loganair domestic services plus Auriigny. It will be interested to see whether EMA gets anything to/from JER this summer (remember the glory days when there were sometimes seven departures on a Saturday). Sad to see routes that have been at EMA almost since day one go, but recent years have shown that frequent scheduled services aimed at the business market are nolonger EMA's forte.
EastMids is offline  
Old 6th Mar 2020, 09:07
  #3530 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 18
Originally Posted by EastMids View Post
It would be nice to think easyJet might try twice daily Belfast, but it would likely be BFS not BHD, and the carrier might opt to try to develop BHX further rather than move into another UK airport. I suspect KLM will focus on BHX and not rush into EMA. With BRU already stopped, AMS was EMA's last real connection to a major hub leaving it now with only low-cost routes, charters and the few Loganair domestic services plus Auriigny. It will be interested to see whether EMA gets anything to/from JER this summer (remember the glory days when there were sometimes seven departures on a Saturday). Sad to see routes that have been at EMA almost since day one go, but recent years have shown that frequent scheduled services aimed at the business market are nolonger EMA's forte.

I completely agree with you on that. It would be nice to see easyJet try the Belfast sector , but I agree it would be Aldergrove if they did and they may decide to concentrate on Birmingham as they already have a operation from there . It is a sad sight to see, so many businesses destinations offered over the years with high frequencies to CDG, AMS and many others , but they all have disappeared. I'm confident the Jersey will continue though , Blue Island have said they will continue to operate the service in there own entity 1x daily.
craigyton2 is offline  
Old 6th Mar 2020, 13:07
  #3531 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 7
Thanks for that Paul. Do you know what routes the Albastars are operating? Thank yo

Hi mate yes they are all operating for Tui with the exception of Balkan,back at work on Monday will try and find out the latest gossip on the lost routes
Paul Atkins144 is offline  
Old 6th Mar 2020, 14:43
  #3532 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Leicestershire
Age: 37
Posts: 145
Originally Posted by craigyton2 View Post
I completely agree with you on that. It would be nice to see easyJet try the Belfast sector , but I agree it would be Aldergrove if they did and they may decide to concentrate on Birmingham as they already have a operation from there . It is a sad sight to see, so many businesses destinations offered over the years with high frequencies to CDG, AMS and many others , but they all have disappeared. I'm confident the Jersey will continue though , Blue Island have said they will continue to operate the service in there own entity 1x daily.
Loganair might try the Belfast routes? Guess at the moment its wait and see as they are having to expand quickly into routes that have only become available to them (wonder if they will go for a few flybe Dash-8's to pick up more of whats left like they did with bmi's jets)

AMS looks gone for good sadly, same as with CDG and BRU that haven't been picked up (surprised FR dont look at EMA - Charleroi mind for Brussells) would love to see KLM come in as they do a lot of smaller airports such as Norwich but seems unlikely and to make it work ideally you want a morning and evening rotation rather than one flight in mid afternoon!

valefan16 is offline  
Old 6th Mar 2020, 15:22
  #3533 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: birmingham uk
Posts: 118
EMA Loganair

I canít see Loganair going for Dash 8ís as they are already getting a few ATRís & wonít want to have even more variety of makes
simoncorbett is offline  
Old 16th Mar 2020, 20:16
  #3534 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: DE74
Age: 47
Posts: 756
To what extent has the current Coronavirus situation impacted the cargo airlines at EMA? Do all the rounds of travel restrictions across borders make it impossible for crew to operate cargo routes?
egnxema is offline  
Old 17th Mar 2020, 17:08
  #3535 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 18
Originally Posted by egnxema View Post
To what extent has the current Coronavirus situation impacted the cargo airlines at EMA? Do all the rounds of travel restrictions across borders make it impossible for crew to operate cargo routes?
Going on when I was at work last night , the cargo side looks to be busier than usual to be honest! 2 x DHL CVG's in tonight too , one A332 and a 763. The cargo is one saving grace for EMA.
craigyton2 is offline  
Old 17th Mar 2020, 18:17
  #3536 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: UK
Posts: 1,639
Originally Posted by egnxema View Post
To what extent has the current Coronavirus situation impacted the cargo airlines at EMA? Do all the rounds of travel restrictions across borders make it impossible for crew to operate cargo routes?
Its extremely busy, remember the passenger airlines carry a lot of belly freight so demand is up. BUT it could turn just like that. The countries are restricting and closing borders, Hotels are closing, flights that normally stop in Italy don't anymore. Every day every hour a new challenge comes. Crews end up being isolated, choices will have to be made soon is it the package or the pilot.
Mr Angry from Purley is offline  
Old 26th Mar 2020, 14:46
  #3537 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: East Midlands
Posts: 193
FedEx

As with previous BHX night closures FedEx are currently routing the FDX 5204 CDG-BHX-MAN through EMA.

In addition, the usual day stopping FDX 6203/4 has operated t/f SNN as FDX 9075/6 for the last couple of days. I presume this is only on a temporary basis? Perhaps someone could enlighten us?

Balair

Balair is offline  
Old 1st Apr 2020, 12:22
  #3538 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 18
Cargo increase

https://mediacentre.eastmidlandsairp...edented-times/

Press release from the airport.
craigyton2 is offline  
Old 1st Apr 2020, 12:44
  #3539 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 2,404
Originally Posted by craigyton2 View Post
Good news, but a shame that it has taken the virtual suspension of all passenger flying to have the PR department trumpeting the principal business of the airport. They don't mention how the volume of cargo has changed. I imagine it has increased in percentage terms rather faster than the movements.

How are DHL, UPS and their like managing social distancing within their facilities on airport?
ATNotts is offline  
Old 1st Apr 2020, 12:44
  #3540 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: EGSS
Posts: 929
Originally Posted by Balair View Post
FedEx

As with previous BHX night closures FedEx are currently routing the FDX 5204 CDG-BHX-MAN through EMA.

In addition, the usual day stopping FDX 6203/4 has operated t/f SNN as FDX 9075/6 for the last couple of days. I presume this is only on a temporary basis? Perhaps someone could enlighten us?

Balair
SNN was for maintenance reasons with Lufthansa. FedEx use them for base maintenance on the Europe captive 757 fleet.
Flightmech is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.