PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Airlines (HKA)
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2017, 00:51
Trafalgar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, you started out having an issue with me. I'm not sure why however. You say you don't 'like' me. Ok, why? Just because you don't like what I say doesn't make it less important, or less valid. Is what I say about CX and our management untrue? I have been here many years and seen just how destructive the Swire's have been to our profession, but for some reason you seem to want to be angry towards me for pointing it out. If you like it here, then by all means stay. My opinion doesn't matter in that case. However, for everyone else, I am cautioning them as to what to expect if they stay. More importantly, I am cautioning them to not be deluded into thinking that things will 'turn out' for them if they stay. In the past it was probably a better option. Now, with airlines around the world hiring (and improving their packages) it is probable that a better career is to be had elsewhere. That is not to mention the impossibility of truly settling down in the worlds most expensive city without a proper housing package. No one with a wife/family could make that situation workable or livable. I don't want younger pilots to find themselves in the same situation I have: too old to make a change. CX likes to lure people into the company when they are young and susceptible to the 'shiny jet syndrome'. By the time they have had their fill of lies, deceit, bullying, intimidation and constantly changing conditions, many of them find they are too old to make a successful move elsewhere. At that point, extreme frustration, anger and bitterness will be all that's left. I feel that way much of the time, and I at least had the best years of the CX career. Think how much more those feelings will manifest themselves when you can't even look back on that benefit. Again, if you are satisfied, then stay (and we can compare notes in 20 yrs time). I feel an obligation to my colleagues to clear away much of the crap and highlight the facts of not only the current management, but the bigger picture career wise. You can agree or not. I find it curious as to how upset my comments make you. Hard to conclude anything other than you are either management, or someone who is working with and for management. Either way, most of your comments are pro management and pro status-quo. That doesn't add up when evaluating the facts. Regardless of 'my opinion, most of my colleagues have made up their own minds to leave, so the market will determine who has more credibility. I feel pretty safe making a bet on that outcome.