PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Cancelling flights!
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2017, 15:36
RHINO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It strikes me that Ryanair's problems are much deeper than a shortage of flight deck. Having read a comprehensive analysis with timeline of this years events by Bloomberg they are going to be running flat out for some time to get back on track. MOL admitted he took the eye off the ball with Pilot salaries. Behind all the pronouncements that his pilots now get paid 20% more than others a quick look around will show that they are marginally below what would be considered average. No wonder the new chap has stated number 1 thing is to stop people leaving. Here they have a problem because what is left is not the 'talent' the business needs going forward. In fact my guess is one of the fundamental problems is that the Base Pilot managers are not much cop. Those with any drive, initiative, can do spirit have long since departed the fix.

Sound leadership will be required at all levels, not just in the head shed.

I also wonder how much 'talent' has left from other departments over the last 12 months. It will be interesting to see if they bring in folk from outside at lower levels to try and improve things or certainly give the perception of 'making an effort'.

Not surprised a strike is still going ahead......