PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwich-2
Thread: Norwich-2
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2017, 14:26
Mike Flynn

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
I suspect you may be once a year holiday makers.

The Eastern Daily Press has a story today promoting a few charter flights next year.

The comments below are reaction and are typical of comments every time the airport appears in the paper.

This is all very well for Norwich Airport but what about the long suffering clients who regularly use the scheduled flights to Aberdeen, Manchester, Edinburgh that are delayed or cancelled regularly. Norwich Airport should really sort the carriers out first to make them more reliable. Right now these flights are unreliable so I'm forced to send my employees to other airports just to guarantee they make it to their destinations>
And why is the electronics for taking off/landing in fog not there. Norwich International? I don't think so!!

Many years ago I would use Norwich all the time. Then a combination of inflated parking charges and the cost of flights made it a no brainer to fly from Stanstead. Also, the drive to Stanstead is consistently 75 minutes whereas Norwich varies so much depending on the traffic and roadworks. Sometimes the drive to Norwich has been 45 minutes but it has also taken as long as 2 1/4 hours. That day I nearly missed my flight and had to take my own bags to the plane. These days people vote with their feet and rarely go back.

I don't think this is much use to someone who wants just a flight. They look like 'package holiday' flights to me , like Thompson used to be. I like to deal directly with any hotel I stay at & then book my flights to suit. I use London City Airport - 2 x Adults return to Palma de Mallorca with BA £200 using Tier points from a BA Amex card. Monarch wanted £1600 for the same journey from Norwich - obviously not interested in selling flights only. These look the same.
http://www.edp24.co.uk/business/norw...ghts-1-5325382