PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NPAS 2017 news
Thread: NPAS 2017 news
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2017, 06:57
PANews

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
RTL
Part of the point here is that I was expecting a contrary viewpoint on my observation.
Anyone that pops in and out of an operation can only get a flavour, a drift, of what might be going on. A difference here is that you are recounting the here and now of your unit (wherever that is) and not necessarily all of NPAS. What I was reflecting was an opinion of 1990s police air support based on information from all of the contingent parts of the NW Police air operations and others besides, subject to the usual caveat about what I might be told as an equal and later as an outsider journalist. The differences between pre and post retirement were very obvious in some quarters - but not all.
I can still have ‘those’ conversations with many (on the unspoken assumption that it stays in my head until second sourced).
There is no set thing called police air support and internationally there are massive differences in operational expectation.
I just cannot yet work out which National model NPAS favours or thinks it has to follow. It certainly is not what was planned or pronounced 5 years ago or what was around 5 years ago.