PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff-2
Thread: Cardiff-2
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2017, 13:55
caaardiff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too use KLM a lot to get to the US and i honestly don't think they will pull out or cut their frequencies because of Qatar.
I wouldn't bet on it.

Jerry, you certainly can't knock your enthusiasm and passion for CWL. It's great to see such support. But I do feel there needs to be an air of caution against anything major happening at CWL. The market is slim. No matter how much you compare CWL to other Airports around the UK, CWL could well be in a sticky situation. BE growing it's city routes could affect KLM. QR will likely effect KLM. KLM could throw it's toys out of the pram and shift capacity over to BRS, where it knows Welsh passengers will fly from.
Look at how much publicity QR have had over the launch, no doubt that has got KLM's backs up. I noticed that a sudden KLM campaign started out of nowhere a few weeks after the QR launch.
Same with FR. FR are a business, they aren't a business that are known for making business friends and working in co-operation with other Airlines.

What CWL needs to do is make it profitable for the Airlines. If that means restricting growth to support current Airlines then so be it, provided those Airlines show some sign of growth. Look at the comment regarding BRS and Jet2, where they want to continue to support their current Airlines growth rather than create a blood bath.