View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2017, 14:37
hansfalkenhagen

Originally Posted by FlyingSoon View Post
MRHs soon to start to go to 6AVN
Does this mean that the bulk of Army aviation (besides the Tigers in NT) will be moving away from Townsville? Being 6AVN I'm assuming most pilots (stationed in Townsville) will be moving to Holsworthy Barracks close to Sydney?

Also, further to my question in my last post.... If a prospective Army Pilot gets an offer for a July 2018 intake, it would take 18 months for officer training followed by another 12 months fixed wing (BTFS) and rotory training (HATS) before commencing the final 6 months of your helicopter specific type conversion... so, my thinking is that would take an pilot cadet to 2021 before commencing their type conversion. Surely by that point the "back log" of current Army pilots awaiting conversion would have finished, and new pilots would be needed to commence their conversion??

I know it's difficult to speculate on this, but the timeline for a proespective applicant to initiially apply and then finaly finish training and "get their wings" in the Army is still a 3-4 year process. I would have thought the Army would still be recruiting in advance rather than turning the tap off completely.