PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thank you RH, AT et al
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2017, 19:06
Shep69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by schweizer2
For years I have tried to join CX and as every year passes (yep, years of failure trying to join), I carefully notice my potential terms and conditions erode with the very airline I wish to pursue a career with, from an outside point of vue, it is heart breaking to see what is happening to what was once a great airline.

I hope you all get together and make 2017/18 count as it appears the industry has never required as many pilots as it currently does, you are no longer as easily replaceable as were the case perhaps just 4 years ago. A fact management seem to be forgetting.
I wish all of CX, and potentially KA crew in the near future, the very best as it appears 'd-day' is soon arriving at the company.
Like Traf said, thanks for the consideration.

IMHO this isn't the place it was. If even only a few years ago.

As I get older I kinda see things in my life working out the way they should; not necessarily as I'd want them to or plan them. The key for me is in making the most of the time in my life--it's the journey that counts. And in devoting that time toward things that matter.

I had several good friends in a similar boat as yours; they had applied (in the past) and were interested but either other opportunities came along or they weren't selected. Looking back, I am grateful this happened in that I would hate to have been an influence toward someone selecting a path that hurt them or did not serve them well. Although I did present them with the best facts that I knew about at the time.

CX I believe DID enjoy a reputation of being a good career choice in years past--really high up there and a worthy place for ones' time, talent, and professional satisfaction/development. And folks dedicated significant portions of their life TO making things work and being a part of it. Sadly, I think -- as the bartender in Fargo said "This ain't that kind of place" anymore.

So, if I were you I'd be happy you are where you are and I wish you the best of luck in going forward.