PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Cancelling flights!
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2017, 09:59
skyloone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From what I recall, STN does have a significant transient training flow through it. Folks not actually based there, just rostered for training. If STN Old guard were to dig their heels in then MOL would quite possibly be in a spot. As mentioned above, it does appear to require a much higher threshold to get the ball rolling in the UK. Apparently it has to be a postal vote.... many based there live abroad. I suspect UK government not keen to bring union voting into the electronic age. UK rules pretty tricky and open to legal challenge at each step. That said, I gather union membership on the rise. BALPA appear quite cautious in their approach. Playing the long game? Just have to make sure the games not over before you join! That I suppose is down to whether FR pilots want to create long term sustainable t&c’s or leave the gig economy circus. Perhaps jump ship to the next outfit struggling to keep afloat due to FR’s continued reduction in unit costs while their new employer bears the costs of a proper employment model.