PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2017, 14:50
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by bex88
I think talk of trip lines and rosters as they are now is all well and good but the reality is most joining will only ever see JSS. What do we know about JSS? It would be reasonable to conclude that senior pilots may be able to write their own roster but I hear differing views on that....
All very fair points. Some (guilty as charged) have been banging on for a while about about Bidline, Blindlines, triplines etc being irrelevant in the brave new world starting this coming summer. It’s no good hearing that somebody at the bottom has a Blindline with two plumb trips this December and thinking : “I’ll join and definitely have a bit of that next Christmas”....

Those of us in house and not part of the development team have only just seen the first of the JSS instructional videos BA/BALPA are putting out in reality at this stage know scooby do about how rosters will look like with JSS, how preferencing will really be handled, how skewed or not seniority will make the rosters..as bex says some think the top few percent will be writing their own rosters, others think the preferencing levers will stop that happening and everybody will at least one “good” trip..........

Last edited by wiggy; 11th Dec 2017 at 15:01.