PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - German Tornado replacement
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2017, 12:21
BEagle

Received 270 Likes on 109 Posts
engineer(retard) wrote:
Is that G for Germany, I think there was a song about that?
Yes, there was indeed. Captain Lockheed and the Starfighters featured a conversation between Defence Minister Strauss and some Lockheed suit:

Salesman: Hi there. We understand you want to buy some airplanes?

Strauss: That is correct.

Salesman: Well we make airplanes. Good ones. Fast and reliable. Let me just show you this. Look at this picture. This is the F-104. Or the Starfighter as we like to call her. Isn't she beautiful. Yep. She sure is beautiful. Designed by the same man who designed the famous U2.

Strauss: The U2....

Salesman: Yes. It's the finest fair weather fighter on the market. You won't find a better one at the price. Or any price for that matter!

Strauss: Yes, it's very nice. But we need a plane for bombing, strafing, assault and battery, interception, ground support and reconnaissance. Not just a fair weather fighter!

Salesman: Well, that's OK. We can make some modifications. It'll cost a little extra, but it's worth it. Just look at the shape of this beauty. Look, I tell you what we'll do. We'll redesign the plane, right? And instead of just calling it the F-104, we'll call it the F-104G!

Strauss: G?
Salesman: Yeah, eh, Herr Minister - G. G for Germany.

Strauss: G. for Germany, eh....??

Salesman: Yeah, ehm, G for Germany, Herr Minister, you know, it'll go well on the plane, we could do a logo around it and it would look very tasty up in the clouds. We could illuminate it a bit - so, that on dark days you would see it twinkling like a star...

Strauss: G for Germany..? Also G for Gott strafe England. This I am enjoying! G for Germany!!