PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To all Dick dislikers...
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2003, 06:26
triadic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chimbu is 100% right on this.

I have supported airspace reform for many years (pre AMATS) and we do need it… and yes it would be good to see a similar effort go into regulatory reform and in particular training.

NAS will not provide any savings to GA whatsoever. It is not as safe as the existing system. That does not mean I am anti NAS – just a realist!

Part of the problem is that many pilots (both GA and airline) do not understand the existing system. (just listen to the r/t any day, especially the dredded readbacks) And why is that? Well show me the training in airspace knowledge and participation and where it is examined on? It's just not there. One is supposed to just pick it up from your instructor or training Captain .. and who sets the standards for that training?? Nobody! (and the AIP is not a training manual)

The major mitigator on the introduction of any changes is TRAINING TRAINING TRAINING…and don't stop. The training program for NAS is not good and there is no evidence that it will be on-going (five years plus?), which it must be in order to succeed.

"No known traffic"