PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Flying. VNA, Jetstar or Vietjet?
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2017, 09:16
EagleA25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike_1
A320 FO & SFO position with opportunities to upgrade into Captains that you may be interested. I got this info in from Brookfield Aviation in my mail anyone would please in JetStar Vietnam has any info about this will appreciate it
Sorry Mike; but if your contract does not say "upgrade in 6 Months", imho, I would not believe them a single word; upgrades to Captains are opportunities given at any company, not just JetStar.

This year 35 FO's were canned at VNA even though every single one was expecting to be upgraded, not kicked out; they were "filtered out" using ridiculous Upgrade Interview Tactics (e.g. asking absolutely non-pilot related engineering questions) so it looked like they had a fair chance.

Even 5-Star companies like Emirates and Qatar have been issuing the same promise, be it "Fast Track" or "quick upgrade"; they failed to deliver.

My recommendation: if you are close to upgrade, interview with a company that will upgrade you immediately upon entry: WizzAir is one of them.
Don't expect you will get the 4th Stripe unless your contract says you will, which it won't!

Good luck

Last edited by EagleA25; 9th Dec 2017 at 09:17. Reason: Grammar