PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any CTC / L3 reviews?
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2017, 18:06
benty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aerodestination
Can you tell a little bit more what you are planning to do with both FTO's? As I might have misread it. Do you already have your PPL and hours? Including all 14 ground school subjects?

for the OP. If you only plan to to CPL/ME/IR and MCC/AQC with a FTO, I don't think that L3 will offer you that much of a benefit anyway for the price you pay. They will always prefer their own whitetail students over modular students in the holding pool. You will be drowning somewhere deep in that holding pool while you paid big money, probably better to save some money with another FTO that can provide you with the same ratings and that will leave you in pretty much the same spot in terms of job opportunities
Yes I already have my PPL with the hours required and my 14 ATPL certificates. I'm just looking for an FTO where I can do my CPL/ME/IR.

I know some guys that were modular at L3 and some that didn't even go to L3 but just did the AQC and they got placed at EZ. It was around 1 year ago when the pool was almost empty. So yes you are called after the whitetail but it depends the depth of the pool... But right now the pool is on hold so I guess it's not the right time. Who knows when the situation will change..

Originally Posted by button push ignored
FTE Jerez has a ‘flight deck plus’ program for PPL holders with 150+ hours and their ATPL written exams passed.
If prestige is important to you, then this is about as ‘top of the line’ as I would go.
Remember it’s not where you start your flight training that counts.
It’s where you graduate from.

The same goes for CTC/L3.
I would only go there for a A320/B737 type rating.
It's not that prestige is that much important for me. I'm just looking to maximize my chances to get a job at the end of my training.

Last edited by benty; 8th Dec 2017 at 02:59.