PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So no 13 th month for Captains
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2017, 08:30
Fat_Dumb_and_Unhappy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ChinaBeached
CXKA - did you once, but ONCE, ever consider what your C-Scale would lead to? You didn't. You thought of yourself. Most of or all of your C-Scale colleagues also thought of themselves without regard for what accepting a contract that would have undeniable and now proven affects on the real pilots at CX. (Yes, you read right..)
So let me get this right ChinaBeached, you are saying that for the C-Scalers should have rejected the contract offer to join an airline, post 9/11 when no one was hiring and the industry was suffering. These guys and girls should have turned down the chance of a paid flying job in order to ensure that you could maintain your salary and benefits. So in that scenario, you would be fine and some kid with no backing or savings would take one for the team and continue to be unemployed?

Presuming you are an A-Scaler, or god forbid, a hypocritical B-Scaler, why didn’t you put up more of a fight when you were within the system? Why did you allow the C-Scale to be offered in the first place? Oh that’s right...because at the time it was probably a bit too much of a pain in the rear to fight against something that didn’t materially affect you there and then. Now that it has, its those selfish youngsters who should have turned down a job offer in a market where very few jobs were going.

Also, I’m guessing you came out of the womb with 4 bars on your umbilical cord right?? I can infer that you are implying that if you haven’t flown in the Air Force, done some bush flying or flown at an airline previously, then you are not a real pilot. I take it none of those places do any training then, when you join you must just be that amazing that you knew everything straight off. I can only hope that the old boys at your previous job didn’t look down on you as the new guy.
What was the pay like at your previous job? I’m guessing it was less than CX otherwise why would you have left. So, if it wasn’t that well paid, why did you take that job at your previous place of employment...surely someone as vocal about people taking inferior contracts would have also turned down a poorly paid flying contract in the past??

Don’t get me wrong, I want EVERYONE to get the best contract, the 13th month, ARAPA, increased HKPA...etc but instead of asking for someone else to not accept a job for my own benefit, I think I’ll do the fighting myself thanks.