PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - only bad eggs left?
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2017, 05:44
WB1900

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by harry the cod
MM

Previous posts clearly portray your dislike for the training department so your comments will be taken with the bias they deserve.

There will always be some 'bed eggs' in any training department and yes, I agree that the current minimum requirements to join is laughable. However, what disappoints me most is when individuals such as yourself constantly degrade and generalise a department that, in my opinion, has improved in recent years. The vast majority of the trainers are extremely capable, knowledgable and do indeed engender a climate of trust. Your comments do a disservice to the majority of generally good guys who are currently working flat out and doing a fine job under increasingly difficult and testing times. Perhaps if you reported these anomalies via an email to the person sharing your same initials might the rogue trainers be identified, flagged and possibly removed.

Maybe taking more ownership than umbrage might be the way forward sometimes?

Harry

Harry i like to agree in one point - some of the trainers are nice and competent - but thats it than

in which school is a 2 a reason to repeat the entire class
in which training (except in downunder) would you not trained to success
in which training do support pilots call in sick, because of fear factor
in which training does a support loos his/her reputation and got downgraded (in 15 years i have heard that once with my airline, and they did not burn an aircraft on the runway.
which company has one target only - to destroy confidence instead of building it
which company has such a high intrest in taking away pilots skill
which other company solely number driven, without any Human resource
which company grounds failed upgraders for years, not for one, for years to get it back. usually u not get it back after the second fail, why because normal companies believe in their employees and everyone can have a bad day - not in EK
which company changes the contract without your consent.

these things are very unique to EK or the middle east

In EK u make one little mistake and depending on who u meet it can end your career. further u will be bonded so you have not even the chance to leave after the big embaressment, and if u do so the take away your entire savings from your provident fund. that is what u call a improvment. If somebody is complaining about Ryan Air - please think twice, at least they do not rob your money and call u a unthankful person (yeah ok one guy does)
it was mentioned earlier ex 330 have been here for long - getting overtaken by DEFOs - and now getting bonded and shafted to stay where they are.
Plus - EK gets only those who did not get another job somewhere else - which is ok as long u provide training, but that does not happen either. they get checked with limited input - some of them to death - not even close to trained to success. you can see it frequently in the compounds that somebody moves in and shortly later moves out again. likely to be broke, likely with a loan for the car left, with a loan to make it nice for the family to live here in the long run and mostly because they believed in the promised training to success - until it was suddenly over.