PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belfast City Airport-2
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2017, 13:00
Brakefan2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Load factors

Originally Posted by A320.b744
If that's true then is this the beginning of the end of Aer Lingus at Belfast? Even if EI were to continue using an A320 for the sun routes, there is almost no business case for EI to remain at BHD. They only operate one route during the winter, and it is in direct competition with a fellow IAG airline. The only suggestions that I can come up with are that EI are planning on reintroducing BHD-LGW, or that EI are holding the LHR slots until IAG can use them more efficiently on other routes. From IAG's point of view, it would make a lot more sense, and would be a lot more efficient, to have BA solely operate BHD-LHR, and to have BACF or even Vueling operating any sun routes from BHD.
Is there any contributor out there (EI-BUD maybe?) that has access to the load factors between BA & EI on the BHD/LHR route in recent months. I use EI frequently and it's always busy ( albeit out on EI 30 and back on EI37).
It would be interesting to know. I'm sure Mr Walsh glances over them occasionally while Mr Ritter holds his breath!