PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norfolk Island Ditching ATSB Report - ?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2017, 04:03
Lead Balloon

Received 419 Likes on 209 Posts
Thats the problem with those like yourself who are so wrapped up in your pathological hatred of all things CASA and ATSB that you are not prepared to look at the operational lessons.
I don't hate, pathologically or otherwise, anyone or anything. (Except the Dutch, and even that's an Austin Powers allusion for those who don't watch many movies.)

I despair at what ATSB and CASA have been allowed to become. If you consider that either of them has a causally positive impact on air safety that's worth what they cost - not just in money - you should sign up. They're always looking for good people.

Another of you Monday morning quarterbacks has already identified the operational lesson: Don't run out fuel. I've already learnt that lesson. I once landed and uploaded an amount of fuel that was exactly the amount of usable fuel stated in the flight manual for the aircraft. Errors in enroute calculations. Never made the same mistake in the 27 years since. But there for the grace of the Quod (may you be touched by the Quod's noodly appendage).