PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK 40k $ bond for Captain Upgrades
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2017, 04:01
170to5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In all of this, people seem to be missing the biggest issue...the bond contract says that should you fail to complete the course FOR ANY REASON (excepting medical or redundancy) you are liable to pay back the 40k.

That means that should you fail the course, or should, for example, fleet decide at the end of your course that you've had more sick days than you should have, they'll simply turn around, kick you back to the Rhs and take your 40k. Fail twice, and as the document is written, you'll physically repay them 80k.

What reasonable, independent appeal process is there? And by extension then, what is to stop them failing every upgrade on the first go and only letting people through on the second go...thereby making sure they get their 40k off each and every NaC candidate?

I used to be glad that despite all the crap here, I'd be able to upgrade here, get some good money together and leave with a strong cv. No more. I will not start any course where the financial penalty is so great and the appeals process is so tenuous. Everybody knows someone who has been kicked off a course for questionable reasons.

I am really disappointed but I will turn down any command course in this airline until this absurd clause is removed.