PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2017, 09:55
FoxChaRomeo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by World Flyer
Valid point. Many of the people I know in the holdpool have moved on and are no longer interested in BA. Even more with no interest in shorthaul. Does anybody have reliable info about the number of DEP swimmers? I’ve heard as low as 80 and as high as 300.
A friend in the company scoured the relevant Yammer threads and came up with the following numbers. So fairly reliable, based on (I think) a reasonable assumption of success rate in the sim:
  • 446 sim assessments in 2016.
  • Based on 2 out of 3 success rate, that has ~300 in the pool
  • ~30% of whom are 320 rated, so ~90 rated swimmers.
  • A handful of whom started with the company in Jan/Feb this year - someone will know the exact number.
As you mentioned, there will be a number who have moved on to VS or the Middle East or elsewhere, or who have stayed put and picked up a command, or who perhaps already have a command and have no interest in joining the short haul fleet in the RHS. Some will be Monarch guys who are now perhaps commited to elsewhere.

How many there are in one of those situations... your guess is as good as mine. Personally, I know four guys who would fit one of those criteria. And to be fair, BA won’t even know until they start making offers.