PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cadet Programme
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2017, 08:57
Dracarys

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chris the Robot

I think this is a very interesting point. I seem to recall reading somewhere on the internal forums that one of the issues was with ironing out the financial details in terms of sponsorship, among other things. Banks do make the majority of their money with mortgages, and this is basically a small mortgage (BBVA or any other bank could be set to make £30,000+ per cadet in interest). If backed by a powerful company like BA then the only thing I can see completely stopping it from happening is there not being the willpower within the airline to make it happen. Since I don't think this is the case based on what I've read recently, it stands to reason that it's only a matter of time.

Another interesting side-note is that I also believe the other FTOs (such as FTE Jerez) are going to be (or perhaps already are) part of the discussion. The current new scheme appears to be a quick method of acquiring new (and still very capable) candidates. The new new scheme (if it materialises) appears like it's going to target the same diversity as the FPP and perhaps offer other schools as training options. Time will tell, of course...