PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norfolk Island Ditching ATSB Report - ?
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2017, 22:07
Lookleft

Received 195 Likes on 90 Posts
You would have no idea Lead Balloon, nice try with the Donald Trump technique of prefixing my id with the "real " Lookleft. All it does is make you look as big a buffoon.

What is the real difference between a transcript and a timeline and statements of who said what to whom? Would it really add to your understanding of the flight deck dynamics. I agree with Checkboard's summation of the PIC's flight planning. This bloke was making dodgy and strange decisions all the way along the flight path and not including his F/O in any of it. He was operating on the assumption that the weather he experienced the day before was going to be the same on this flight. There was no trap. There was simply a lack of planning, caution and command judgement. Based on his reported statement that even if he had full tanks the outcome would have been the same then I doubt that he has learnt anything from what happened. He certainly has a cheer squad that think he was the unfortunate victim and that the system forced him to blast on in, conduct 4 approaches to the minima and then ditch without any consideration of how to conserve the limited fuel he had. Those with "real" operational experience however look at the whole episode through a different prism.