PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2017, 04:26
nexttime

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been humming and harring about expressing my feelings with Qantas recruitment and thought I would share my experience to get it off my chest.

I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to progress to the 2nd stage - interview, 1 on 1, group activity ect but was unsuccessful in getting through to the sim.

I am a bit deflated about it all and have such an overwhelming sense of failure knowing that I did my absolute best to prepare myself. I think the hardest thing for me is getting no feedback from the day, only to be asked to apply again in 12 months time. I really don't know what to do differently and unsure what it is that recruitment are looking for. I know other candidates were able to redo their talent q if that let them down, others had 1 on 1 psyc. assessment if they answered the 580 odd questions in a way that would cause a review.

So perhaps it leaves me to my level of education, not having a university degree, noncompetitive HSC & ATPL marks compared to the other applicants - who knows, it really could be anything. Maybe I didn't answer an interview question the way they wanted. I don't mean to sound overconfident but I felt the day went well.

I think the sense of failure is compounded by seeing the new 787 on tv and some people I know getting through with me knowing their history in aviation - I am unsure how their progression happened but it did (I hope that reads right, not a personal attack against anyone but I have to wonder)

But also in saying that I certainly take my hat off to those that progressed and are now seated on the flight deck of a Qantas jet. They are clearly capable of something that I am not.