PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help researching 1961 Electra crash
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2017, 13:10
BRDuBois

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldn't expect the CAB to take outside advice without qualification. If someone pointed out that the plane was upside down instead of right side up as the CAB said, I'd think they'd at least look at it again.

We have no idea what size hole was left in the embankment; we have no good images of it. There's a hint in this new film, but the quality is too poor to have any confidence in it.

We don't know whether there was paperwork showing engine four came off at the tracks. We have no paperwork. That's why this is a puzzle. There were probably hundreds of pictures, but the files are gone. News photographers may have taken dozens more. News photogs burn through an enormous amount of film. But they discard what's unusable, and I don't have access to their archives.

I've uploaded a chart of my simulator flight overlaid on the CAB map. The red dots show the approximate size of the plane and represent about half second intervals. The map shows that my flight agrees with Lockheed's path within 50 or 75 feet.

https://ibb.co/fKZcF6