PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 23rd Nov 2017, 09:20
US787

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update

Hello guys i fly now for Ryanair quite a while and will tell you what is going on.
First of all apply for Ryanair only if you have no chance to get into Lufthansa BA Airfrance and other good companys. This forum helped me to get the job real quick 30 days after i finished my CPL and it was my first interview. At this time i was scared to fail the other interviews so i signed the contract.

The previous posts are true if you get the job today you will start earning money in August 2018 and get full pay 2-3 months later after linetraining.
You need about 45.000€ for rating accomondation food license uniform travel and so on ,until you get fully paid.
I did my PPL IFR CPL for about 55.000€ so i still had money, 95% of the people get a loan.

How is it to work for FR ?

The roster is good and the AC the money is ok about 3300€/ 12 months but without insurance pension and so on so its a "get hours and apply for Emirates" contract. You have to pay everything by your own exept travel to work with FR.
The pilots are very unhappy 80% are talking about leaving and i guess 60% of the Capt. will leave if there is no change in the contract next year.
They go to China Southern Xiamen Qatar and other carriers because of the 25000$/ month. And it will lead to a massive problem.

No LT Capt = No new FOs
No FOs with 3000h= No new Capt.

About 80% of the FO leave before 1500h and go to Majors like AUA Airfrance LOT Qatar and so on plus Norvegian.

So they try to hire new guys like you and direct entry Capt. and give them new contracts to beat the pilots in Ryanair who are in the company for years and want local contracts with health insuranse pension and so on.

My advise apply for other airlines who are looking for pilots 2017 and 2018 will be the best years since a decade to get this jobs.
If you are not sucessful apply for FR they will need again ~2000 pilots in the next 2 years

So i wish you a great future in your future job.