PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetconnect ZK aircraft to now be VH registered
Old 23rd Nov 2017, 00:54
travelator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Troo believer
You have got to be joking. Jetconnect pilots are contractors which applied knowing that they had a fast path to command wearing a Qantas uniform. If they want mainline T&C apply to mainline meeting the minimum standards. Ask a Jetstar, QLink or Cobham pilot how they got into mainline?
The company can’t crew the 737 fleet properly at the moment. Any talk of some sort of shonky seniority list and watch what happens to engagement once again. Talking about what 80 pilots at best. My heart bleeds.
And in case you’ve all forgotten
https://youtu.be/68f_JdPmvlM
I hope you are not representative of the Qantas pilots attitude to their peers. Why do you deserve to be a Qantas pilot and not them? Does anybody choose to work for a contractor over legacy options? Did they choose to work for JC because they wanted to wear a Qantas uniform? Was Qantas even employing at the time?

The reality that seems to get lost on people like you, is that Qantas has created many competing streams of employment that employ sporadically and rarely open the door to the mothership. Pilots have had to be content with what is on offer at the time in order to provide for their families. What a wonderful world it would be if it was only Qantas and Virgin and we could work for either one as opposed to (insert ****ty shell/contractor/b scale).

It's your attitude towards your peers, yes peers, that makes the adversarial IR strategies work.