PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas RAAF
Thread: Qantas RAAF
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2017, 23:16
rodney rude

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Professional Amatuer

Very interesting comments. I do hear guys saying its not like it used to be. But I know that when I joined in the 80s, guys were saying its not like it was in the 70s. So maybe its just a continual decline. But one's tolerance to rubbish changes over the years, in some ways it improves, and in some ways it declines. I know back in my junior officer days, if I had to sit in a class room all day and listen to some bluntie pissing on about EEO, OH&S, gender equality, white ribbons, etc etc, I would have been whining like a hungry cat. Nowadays I'd be sitting up the back half asleep saying if you want to pay me good money to sit here and listen to this ****, well that's fine by me.

I'm sure I'm deluded and have the rose colored glasses firmly in place - but there's two realities for me, 1. I don't live near a base and I ain't moving again, and 2. Too many warnings about how its changed for me to ignore.

I think all of my vintage and before must sit happy with the fact that we were so lucky to be in when we were and enjoy the fact that we really had soooooo much fun