PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Midair Collision Near Waddesdon
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2017, 14:09
anchorhold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whopity, wouldn't you say the whole syllabus is being dumbed down. I accept I am oblidged to follow the syllabus, but surely the instructor is able to go beyond the syllabus based on his initiative. For example 60 AofB and collision avoidance, sideslipping if someone is having problems with crossed controls on landing in cosswinds and pilot induced ocsilations, if you were training on certain types, such as the DR200 or DR400. What next, stalls can only be taught up to the stall warning?

But Im wondering can a flying school opt to teach beyond the EASA syllabus, I am also wondering if EASA thinks a steep turn is an aerrobatic manouvre?

On the point you raised about the lookout, says it all. What happenned to HASSELL and clearing turns. I think this leads me back to Firefly Bob's original point, is why dont we teach collision avoidence.

Is there a mechanism under EASA for the UK CAA to make it a requirement under a variation for 60 AoB turns and practice collision avoidance, based on the intensity of some Class G airspace in Southern Britain and fewer radar units?