PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Adria Airways
Thread: Adria Airways
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2017, 16:00
LogicalGuy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear All!
In last few months I was thinking about if I should share my experiences regarding Adria Airways Flight School. However I thought I might help some students to make up their mind. I will try my best to stay objective about every matter regarding this school.

But first some facts:

1; Training got delayed for approximately 2-3 weeks at the beginning (increased living costs in that time)
2: PPL Theory Classes are mediocre to bad
3: The first 3 months after PPL Theory flying on average 3 hours per month
4: Money problems
5: Promises and statements were often told, but never met

This are some facts which occurred when I was a student at Adria Airways Flight School.

Below my experience:

When I visited the Flight School in 2016 everything seemed to be working nice. They showed me how they operate and told me everything I wanted to hear (trying to get me onboard). At this time I believe the school did work as a whole, even with some difficulties every flight school experiences. I attended all my PPL classes, which got postponed every week for another (altogether 3 weeks) with an excuse where they stated that a company who provided them the CBTs having some troubles. A colleague of mine found out that they were waiting for more students to join the course. After PPL classroom lectures it took me about 2 weeks to study and pass the exams.
Everything seemed good and I was ready EVERYDAY for my flight training to start. After some more time I had passed, I finally got my info flight in the very end of 2016. This was also my only flight in 2016. To make matters worse, in the following months in 2017 I hardly flew more and therefore wasting my hours, time and money. My colleagues and I consistently complained and demanded answers on why we get delayed so often. There were always problems with maintenance (were not able to pay them), fuel (could not afford or forgot), planning (they had approximately at this time 25 students who needed to fly and most of the time 1 out of 3 aircrafts were only available) and weather. When there was nice weather the airplanes were on ground, when the weather was good they had troubles. To make a long story short: This game was played till beginning of summer 2017, until some of my colleagues and I decided it is time to move on. We later found out that the school was completely broke and could not even pay the instructors since we started our course. In the end most of the instructors left. Somehow (with financial aid from the Airline) they managed to survive the years 2016-2017. In the beginning of summer I left and at the end of summer I finally got my PPL (A).

I do not know how the school is operating now. Some of my colleagues stayed and some left. I only know that the people who started with me in 2016, and who stayed with Adria Airways Flight School, have, to this date, no PPL (A). I do not know how they operate now, and everyone can make up his/her own mind about this.

Altogether, from my experience, I can say that this School was not a good start for my aviation career. Maybe they changed into a better way, maybe not. Everyone should make their own opinion about this school, but let me warn you. Don’t let you get fooled by them in believing everything they say.

Hope I could help some people out there who are thinking about to start their training in Slovenia.