PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 21st Nov 2017, 08:18
TheMightyAtom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by UAV689
In a normal world this would make sense. In ryanair world, they are planning by seat of their pants at the moment and there are no firm dates, so people are not getting any visibility on dates from company outside of every fri roster. Meaning people are not able to get work. If they said “look lads, its gonna be 2 months”’you could get a bar job or whatever. But at the moment no one knows...
As someone who was in Ryanair for a long time, I'd recommend you put yourself first when planning. Don't be afraid to say "can't do it" if the roster comes out on a Friday and it's unreasonable, crew control won't care and will just chalk it up to the nature of training and last minute rostering.

The rostering department like to be cheeky, rostering you to teleport somewhere at a moments notice. Don't break yourself trying to accomadate this behaviour, far too many people turn up to line training having got to a hotel at 1am and all this. Just say no - trust me you won't ever get anything in return for bending over backwards and nobody is going to seriously bother you, if you have a reasonable explanation.

I know it's going to be your first airline job and people are going to be apprehensive, don't be afraid to reach out to your more experienced colleagues for advice.