PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2017, 19:49
Mike Flynn

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by G-KEST
Well Sam I was impressed by her talk at the Cambridge Aero Club a few weeks ago and I am going to the RAeS tomorrow, Thursday 16th November to listen to three female pilots including Tracey speak on 'Women in Aviation' organised by the Air League.
Her talk at Cambridge was by an woman with a real passion for aviation and especially vintage biplanes. She made no mention whatsoever of being solo on her flights and she has certainly been an inspirational speaker to huge numbers of young people during her trips emphasising the benefits of studying the STEM subjects at school.

Barry Tempest FRAeS
Armageddon Associates
I am still puzzled by what Tracey has achieved. Why is she some sort of modern day heroine for the all the major aviation societies?

Let me remind you of your post on the LAA website last year Barry.

Postby Barry Tempest » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:59 pm

I am not a regular visitor to this forum however I feel obliged to post that I have proposed a motion for the AGM to request that the LAA rescind the award of the Bill Woodhams Trophy to TC-T. The award was made in good faith however subsequent information now in the public domain has made a mockery of the claims made by her and the high powered PR circus involved along with her sponsors. I sincerely hope the motion will gain overwhelming support at the Sywell AGM.

Despite her "Inspirational speeches" her 'Aviatrix' image has been built on long distance flights which she admits were not solo.

Indeed her much edited wiki page is open to question.

They say a picture speaks a thousand words ....

Last edited by Mike Flynn; 21st Nov 2017 at 03:41.