PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2017, 12:58
FFMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nguba
AA pulling back further must make it more likely for BA to return to long-haul at MAN.
That doesn't make any sense at all. Why would BA/AA/OneWorld trash their reputation at MAN (which thy have done) in preparation for a switch to BA equipment? Not going to happen.

Far more likely that BA/OW are trying to get the route trashed further so that it gets pulled and they can get the Cardholders down to LHR or across to DUB.

Reliability is critical to regular travelers' choice of airline or route. AA have just become totally unreliable. Is any serious flyer going to take the risk of a missed connection or a missed meeting? In my mind thinking about AA, it's a probability more than just a risk.

As someone who flies the Atlantic regularly and has done since the early 90s, AA have thrown away the advantage they enjoyed through their own complacency.

I use the front end of TCX when available - it's a decent product at a fair price and they have in JetBlue a partner / hubbing option that is very very good by UK standards.
I can tell you they are picking up a fair bit of business traffic and connections with B6 as well.
As in any business if you get complacent, someone else will come in and take the business from you - AA only have themselves to blame - but no doubt they will blame the market. Not their fault naturally.