PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Departing Saudia Cargo 747 'departs' runway
Old 12th Nov 2017, 21:45
Plumb Bob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everybody thanks for your interesting contributions.

Based on two images on the AvHerald page Incident: MyCargo B744 at Maastricht on Nov 11th 2017, runway excursion on takeoff for this incident, one by Jan Severijns with a shallow peaked-roof hangar in the background and beyond it a very conspicuous antenna tower, and the image by Jeroen Stroes on that same page with the very dark brown ‘Koninklijke Marechaussee - Brigade Limburg Zuid’ office building visible under the side view of the tailplane (with the elevator hinge line pointing to the office complex), as well as an earlier nighttime photo in which the GS antenna for runway 21 is visible in the foreground https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOY2K42W4AAJU03.jpg, my (plumb bob) finding on Google Earth is that the a/c heading is almost exactly 45 degrees veered to the right of the runway heading. And it looks as if the tail and the LH wingtip are still just over or just clear of the runway shoulder.

My resulting plot differs considerably (closer to the beginning of the runway) from Simon’s on AvHerald, but he came first, with a position, so he left the heading for me).

Been flying and seen flying close to runway edges more than once :-)
Attached Images