PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Roy Halladay Sole Fatality in Icon A5 Incident
Old 7th Nov 2017, 21:36
OttoRotate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Roy Halladay Sole Fatality in Icon A5 Incident

Roy Halladay, a retired pitcher who starred for the Toronto Blue Jays and Philadelphia Phillies, died on Tuesday when his plane crashed in the Gulf of Mexico off the coast of Florida.

The crash was reported to the Pasco County Sheriff’s Office by a private resident at 12:06 p.m. Eastern, and when law enforcement arrived on the scene, the plane, an Icon A5 registered to Halladay, was upside down in shallow water.

...Halladay was known for his love of flying, and in October he posted pictures of the plane he had recently purchased.

Roy took some lessons out of Chester County Airport with an instructor who was a friend and coworker of mine at the time. As a 6'5" former Army pilot, and not much of a baseball fan, he was just glad to meet another guy who loved to fly but had trouble fitting in some cockpits. It wasn't until casual conversation turned to work that he found out his client was an athlete. Afterwards he called me and asked if I knew of a guy named Roy who pitched for the Phillies.

I'm not allowed URLs yet, but this is widely reported.

Pictures of the plane in question:
...//twitter.com/RoyHalladay/status/918938596287098886/photo/1