PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2017, 17:59
airpolice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The response from the BBC

Thank you for contacting us regarding BBC Four’s ‘The Lady Who Flew Africa: the Aviatrix’ broadcast on 30 October.
I understand you believe it was misleading for Tracey Curtis-Taylor to not fly solo in the aircraft.

The aim of this programme was to show Tracey Curtis-Taylor recreating Lady Heath’s flight from Cape Town to London in a vintage biplane.

Let us assure you that there was never any intention for any viewer to believe that they were misled. It was important however, to get Tracey’s reaction while she was in the biplane, and to see the landscape that was below her.

We do value your feedback about the programme. All complaints are sent to senior management and in this case ‘The Lady Who Flew Africa: the Aviatrix’ programme every morning, and I’ve included your points in our overnight report of audience reaction.

These reports are among the most widely read sources of feedback in the BBC and ensures that your concerns have been seen by the right people quickly. This helps inform their decisions about current and future programmes.

Thank you once again for taking the time to contact us.
Kind regards
Neil Salt

BBC Complaints Team
BBC - Complaints - Home

NB This is sent from an outgoing account only which is not monitored. You cannot reply to this email address but if necessary please contact us via our webform quoting any case number we provided.

That's what the corporation think is a suitable response to my complaint. They have ignored the deceit and missed the point that to recreate a solo flight, you would need to fly to solo.

Last edited by airpolice; 7th Nov 2017 at 18:10.