PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Cancelling flights!
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2017, 07:10
Killaroo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Flocks
About AL, each airline do their own stuff. If pilots would not accept this they would not do it ...
A friend of mine in Austria, if ask 6 days holiday, he will have days on then 5days holidays then days on, I was choked when he told me that.

In my airline if I ask 5 days holiday, I m sure to have 2 days off 5 days holiday 2 days off.

An other friend of mine in France, if he ask at least 3 days holiday, he ll have 3 days off 3 days holiday 3 days off.

The basic should be at least like my airline.
This is why an effective Union is necessary. Unscrupulous employers will always exploit Terms & Conditions if allowed.

In the current climate, pilots need to start being more picky, and instead of just looking at bottom lines (pay and promotions) when choosing a job, have a closer look at all the underhand ways they rip you off in AL, Days Off, Staff Travel, Duty Travel, Med and Lic Cover etc. In the excitement of getting a new job these things are glossed over. But once you’re online they are the things that will constantly piss you off and make you hate the place.