PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norfolk Island Ditching ATSB Report - ?
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2017, 01:48
Slippery_Pete

Received 361 Likes on 69 Posts
They’re still punishing this guy, WTF?

He’d have to be the LEAST likely Australian pilot to run out of fuel.

And remember from the Senate inquiry, they didn’t de-licence him... they just “temporarily suspended his privileges” until they could confirm any deficiencies had been rectified.

Is he having to once again go through an entire ATPL flight test? That would appear to me they have essentially cancelled his licence and are issuing a new one.

If the sim is only to demonstrate competency in fuel management, then I could buy the whole “privileges temporarily suspended”. It would be interesting to know the syllabus for this “test” and whether it lines up with the accident or if there’s a whole lot more added in there.

And didn’t he act within the CASA approved Company fuel policy, and plan the flight legally anyway? What particularly has changed? If I were doing his sim test and he planned within the regulatory and Company minimums (like he already did on the accident flight), aren’t I obligated to pass him?

And in said sim test, when he gets to PNR and the destination WX goes below alternate minima but still above landing minima, what should he do? Given that during the senate enquiry 3 CASA FOIs said you have to divert and 3 said you don’t, which option should he take?

The entire thing is an absolute mess.