PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Query for Danny or other WW2 Veterans - WW2 RAF Flying Suit/Overalls
Old 2nd Nov 2017, 16:51
Warmtoast

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Danny
Cannot identify my sister’s lapel jewellery. Photo dates from 1941 I think when John was on leave and staying with us in N. London.
It was the time of the blitz and during his stay he slept in the same bedroom as me. I remember that to this day because during the night a bomb exploded very near to us in Camden Road, Holloway, N. London and I awoke crying and terrified (I was eight at the time) having been woken by the loudest bang I’ve ever heard in my whole life. The windows were blown in and I and remember to this day John comforting me in my distress - from then onwards he was my hero. Sadly as mentioned above he died on active service two-years later.
As regards his VR status there is a photograph of him currently with my daughter for copying that shows him in his RAF uniform wearing a forage cap that has what appears to be a wide white stripe running from front to back – would this indicate he was RAF (VR)?
WT