PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Buying a Socata TB10 and operating costs..
Old 29th Oct 2017, 16:42
Scoobster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The Ancient Geek
You have not included purchase finance costs.
Even if you chip in equal amounts each and pay cash you still have the cost of lost interest on the amount invested. What could that money have earned you invested elsewhere ?.
There will be no purchase finance costs. We will be putting in cash in equal amounts as this suits us and saves on any lease or purchase agreements.

Its circa 1980 with good compression figures and ready to fly away. We are at the due diligence stage at the moment so not rushing into this until I have accounted for all the costs that we are likely to incur.

Originally Posted by ETOPS
Make sure you check the performance figures for a field such as Damyns Hall - 650m grass runway doesn't suit a fully loaded TB10 with only 180hp to call on. You might find you are restricted in take-off performance and only able to lift less than a full load.....
I agree with this ETOPS. We have shortlisted the following fields.. Elstree, Damyns Hall, Denham, Rochester, Earls Cone.. and North Weald (who are yet to come back to me with figures for parking etc).

I will be evolving my spreadsheet to take account of runway length, fire services, easy access to maintenance etc.

Cost of parking and Hangarage will be one element of this.

Originally Posted by ChickenHouse
The biggest issues will be the birds shape upon acquisition and on the same level, the blindness of your buddies. Most such groups fail on reality view of its members - No you don't need no stinky golden blinkyblinky ...
Im not sure I understand what you mean by the above..issues like birds shape?

One point of contention I can see is should owners be putting the circa £100 monthly and £120... after having put the equity in??

I can see some resistance to this.. and I personally say No.. but as you say I might be looking at this the wrong way.

I would propose adding 4 more members to absorb the ops costs..?