PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle-9
Thread: Newcastle-9
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2017, 16:31
EK77WNCL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To be fair (touch wood) I'm really really impressed that, on the whole, Newcastle has managed to build up and maintain a sustainable and profitable service

I just think it's about nurturing and developing that sustainable base now... I'm realistic about what Newcastle can and can't do... Things that I think they can do in the next 5 years are:

- Another easyJet frame
- Another Jet2 frame or 2
- More long haul offering from Thomson with a based/part based 787 (x2 weekly regular Orlando/Cancun, weekly/bi-weekly Jamaica/Dominican Republic/Puerto Vallarta... Perhaps Cuba/Thailand in the long term) --- and/or seasonal long haul from TCX/VS
- FRANKFURT!!!
- Increase in Ryanair offering, and after brexit is ironed out, a potential base
- 4/5 weekly Turkish to Istanbul once the new airport opens

With a heavy heart, I don't think we'll see a second Emirates flight before the 15th anniversary... Based on their track record, I'd even hesitate to say that Qatar jumping in on our turf with an A32x neo or 737 MAX would be more likely than a second triple from Emirates

Although all of that sounds like a lot, and it is! It would still work out as much less expansion than the likes of Manchester, Luton and Edinburgh have seen, ans still probably less than, or in line with average UK expansion recently