PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dear Anna, Rupert...et al. Do you hear the approaching thunder...?
Old 25th Oct 2017, 00:28
Shep69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Vermin
Are you suggesting that a CX pilot may, if really pushed, commit an act akin to German Wings? Do you really know if the poster Trafalgar is this unstable ?

If so, its a police matter , and the sooner the better. Totally shocking if true.
Of course not and you know it. I am suggesting that the degree of strife and malfeasance propagated by the industrial situation is unhealthy on every level, that this is widespread, and that this does have the definite potential to affect individual health as well as safety of flight.

Pilots are good at compartmentalization but this doesn’t always work. And people who are overly concerned about things other than flying probably shouldn’t be — unfortunately self-assessment has its limits and the current climate doesn’t help. Do I see anyone as a ticking time bomb ? No. Do I see folks who seem to be constantly resentful, apathetic, fearful, angry, and concerned due to broken promises and imposed conditions (as well as fatigued due to continuously unstable rosters) — absolutely. And there sure do seem to be a lot of them and it’s worse than I’ve ever seen it. I’m just waiting to be surprised by something positive but this has been a real vacuum.

And were I a supervisor I’d sure as hell be concerned about the current industrial climate.

Last edited by Shep69; 25th Oct 2017 at 00:51.