PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2017, 13:24
G-KEST

Awesome but Affordable

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Well I went, along with around 100 others including a number of ATC cadets, both male and female, from a local squadron. Terry Holloway did the introductions to a fascinating talk by Tracey accompanied by some excellent video and photography. It was a wonderful evening. Tracey’s inspirational talk was fantastic and there is no doubt she is an accomplished public speaker. I gained an insight into her obvious passion for flight and the efforts she makes to inspire young girls and women into aviation through pursuing the STEM elements of the school and university syllabi. Her tributes to the pioneer female record breakers of the 20's and 30's were genuine and she certainly did not compare her own flights to theirs. She also emphasised that she was accompanied on her flights with another aircraft carrying the support crew and equipment. We spoke beforehand and I got a lot of the background to the campaign against her, specifically on this forum thread.. On my hours drive home I reflected on the evening and resolved to post an account on PPrune along with an appeal to put an end to the vicious sniping. It has gone on quite long enough. I have no regrets on my actions resulting in the rescinding of the LAA award to her, which was almost exactly a year ago. However I heard nothing last evening which would justify any continuation of this thread. Let it rest please.