PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dear Anna, Rupert...et al. Do you hear the approaching thunder...?
Old 23rd Oct 2017, 16:55
Trafalgar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I state this will all seriousness and accuracy: On a selection of my past few months longhaul flights, I have asked my crew what their intentions are. Here are the statistics:

1) 2 FO, one with job offer awaiting course date, the other interviewing with two airlines in Nov. SO preparing to leave back to Aus
2) 2 FO, both interviewing in Nov
3) 2 FO, one already in notice period, the other has applied to Quantas and V Aus
4) 2 FO, one waiting for course date with UPS, the other interviewed 'recently' with UA
5) 2 FO, one about to retire, the other has applied to two Aus airlines and NZ
6) 2 FO, one in notice period, joining a 'US'carrier, the other joining a UK airline (can't remember name)
7) 2 FO, one staying because his wife works in HK, the other leaving for Jet 2, SO planning on leaving as soon as another offer is made in the UK
8) 2 FO, both interviewing in the US
9) 2 FO, one is leaving for Easy Jet, the other is interviewing with 2 airlines in Nov
10)2 FO, one is planning on leaving within the month (course date at short notice, but I won't mention airline as I know he doesn't want to be identified), the other is interviewing with two airlines in Nov and Dec.

Anna, the above is factual, and you can choose to take note or discount as you wish. The information tells me all I need to know about the reality of the maelstrom about to hit this airline. The AOA should simply walk away and let the reality of what is about to happen hit you square in the face. The only good thing about this is that it encourages me to see that so many of your pilots have woken up to the fact that it is not worth spending another day at CX, wasting their lives, careers and families futures, working for people that only know how to bully and threaten. Your style of management is decrepit, discredited and on it's way to the scrap yard. Most of the pilots (below 45 yrs old) in CX have woken up to the fact that it is better to get on the seniority ladder elsewhere, sooner rather than later. The fact that we have 20+ year employees leaving, the fact that we have people leaving just prior to Command says all you need to know about how little faith there is left in CX. You have failed. You're the only one who can't see it.

Last edited by Trafalgar; 24th Oct 2017 at 01:17.