PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2017, 00:56
avnx88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blakeyhawk
Thanks avnx88,

How many attempts would we have at this ASP simulation before we are knocked back for good? I'm turning 20 next year, and realise this is still quite young for DEO application - (I was not recommended earlier this year at flight screening due to my "life experience" and flying scores.) Just wondering if it is worth it to apply again early, or if I should finish my engineering/science degree for 3 more years?

Also, it was raised a little while ago, but not addressed - does anyone know if there is a compulsory service period as part of the aviation selection under the new system - ie. if one was to be offered ATC, but not pilot after their initial training would they be able to decline the offer?
Hi blakeyhawk,

I don't know the exact answer to your question about attempts at ASP, as the information that I've read doesn't give any info on this. My guess is that it would be beneficial for you to pursue some life experience and more flying experience over a one to two year period before going back to sit it again. Being only twenty, you definitely have time on your side. Getting a degree under your belt should go a fair way to demonstrating aptitude and commitment but I would be looking for some volunteer / leadership opportunities also.